Kingdom Hearts - Dearly Beloved

Dj Monkay

well here we go again lol. this is a mix i put together this week and i was wonderin what yall think about it. i was goin for a ambient/ jazz vibe and wanted to make the piano as the main character of the show. kingdom hearts doesnt have a lot of songs on OCR and i always like to remix songs not yet accepted so i decided to go with this short, slow, and sweet track.

Tindeck - Please listen to Dearly Beloved.mp3

Source -

Please feel free to listen and comment away!!!

It's an all-right track I think.. The phasing background synth makes it sound somewhat amateur-ish, though I will admit I'm not a big fan of synths to begin with.

Gives off an ambient feel. Though you can make it much more relaxed if the main instrument has a longer attack time and doesn't have the distinctive "click" at the beginning of each note

thanks for the comment redtails and sorry for being away for so long. Busy with work and all :-x. ill post a updated version once i get a lot more feedback and major changes to the song. Ambient music is not my strong point and id much rather prefer high paced electronic but im trying somethin new so yea this is goin to be very challengin.

Also if there is anybody whos forte is ambient type of music please help or if u know anybody tell them to come critique and tell me the bad news.

im using fruity loops 9 if anybody was wonderin.

Not a terrible electric guitar sound, but it doesn't sound human AT ALL. I'm less concerned about the phasing on the bg pads as I am with the pad sound itself, it needs to be more animated, more changing on its own, see if you can give it more filter movement or something. Sound design is pretty raw compared to the ambient music I've heard.

You should get FreeAlpha, it's free and comes with a slew of nice, ambient-y presets. Better yet, it has a great, built-in chorus effect that can blur the sound, pushing it into the background. btw, you should learn what to push into the background and how far, it'll make all your mixing better. :)

Kind'a boring arrangement, to be frank. More change in chords and rhythm would make it more interesting while still being in line with your idea of doing a kind'a soft track. There's some notes that sound clashing, you should check to see that your harmonies and melodies work together and don't clash. You can avoid repetition by changing up the lead instrument at some appropriate place, too (but avoid the pitfall of thinking that changing an instrument is enough to make it interesting), changing the lead melody to something in keeping with the original but more in line with the harmony will let you stay conservative and close to source while still doing something different. Do whatever, I'm just suggesting stuff here.

Kind'a overdone source, it's like the only KH source I remember seeing on the wip board (except Uub's mix back when) but there's not enough KH on ocr for that to matter. Do the mix, learn the source, keep making music, do the mix again, make it great. :P

thank you turtle for the comment and thanks to rozovian for the review of the song. you can always count on rozo to give u good and honest critiques about remixes :-P. this type of music is not what i generally listen to but ill try to finish this for the sake of ocr (they need more songs in this game and many others). well ill look into everything yall said and repost a updated version as soon i do some major adjustments to the mix. 8-O

still comment or make any suggestions!!!

i juz noticed that i have been doin all of my songs based on guitar tabs and by ear (stupid me:|). well i have decided to put this song on hold (school and stuff :sleepdepriv:) till i get the original source down in my head and fully know the song. Thanks for ur time and sorry for if anybody was waiting on an updated version.

Also if anybody would like to pick this up or finish it, i use fruity loops 9 and could email the file to ya.