*NO* Morrowind 'Wind's Breeze'

djpretzel

Here is what I have to say:

Hey djpretzel and other OCReMix judges-- I have a lot of respect for you guys for maintaining the site.

You can call me Stephenox, as that's my artist name. I'm a 15-year-old sophomore in high school. I used to always listen to video game music (and I still do sometimes), but nowadays I mostly listen to the latest trance. Anyway, I've been going to OCRemix for years now, and although I don't listen to every remix there, I listen to many from games I like, one of which is Morrowind, and there aren't enough Morrowind remixes!

So, I decided to make my own.

My apologies if you are bored by this trance style I've adopted. The melody is a bit simple (but I thought it fitting) after being led in by an intro I made by recording myself (through linein), playing layers separately on my Alesis 6.1 keyboard. The rest was sequenced in FL Studio with some VST plugins and some assorted samples, but the lead melody was also recorded through linein from my keyboard.

This is the first VGM remix I've really made. Feedback is very appreciated-- I always want to improve! Thank you for both your listening time and for your reading time.

- Stephenox

The quick info:

ReMixer name - Stephenox

Real name - Stephen W.

Email address - themacro@gmail.com

Website - http://www.paxasiana.com

Name of game remixed - Morrowind

Name of individual song remixed - Title theme

I tried to tag the mp3 as appropriate.

Don't have the source tune available to me, but I recognize it from Fray's take on the theme, "Fear Not". Once more elements come in at 1:00, this sounded like a cluttered mess. I'd have given it the form letter myself because of the lack of arrangement. Didn't do a damn thing to incorporate much of the source tune, that's for sure. A huge letdown after the first 30 seconds. It was just the same couple of bars repeating over and over again with various generic trance material stapled on. You're young; you'll look back on this one and laugh, that's about all I can say.

NO

Let's see, a Morrowind mix, I wonder which source material was mixed... :roll:

It sounds like I've heard this mix a million times by now, considering that, something new is looked for and I don't think this one delivers. Now the main problem here is it's way too cluttered. I'm not sure exactly what you did here, either way too much reverb or delay or both. It sounds like one mass of sound that don't compliment each other in this case.

Some parts of this remind me of early 90s electronica, fun and enjoyable for what it is. Fun mix, but the execution, mixing and arrangement fall short. NO