Soundcloud embedding

• 5 weeks later...
wait what? how does embedding soundcloud cost money? There are pretty much soundcloud plugins for everything, and I have never heard of any of them costing money.

I think he's referring to the limit on the amount of music you can upload to soundcloud before you need a premium account. Free accounts only get 120 minutes of uploaded music.

ahh I see, that doesn't mean we shouldnt support embedding. Even free members can use embedding an such. I think it would be a nice feature. Makes it so people dont have to leave the page to view something, which is (but shouldnt be) a big reason people dont listen to other peoples tracks. It especially helps people who need to use mediafire or other crap upload sites. SC can be free, and the free account still gives you lots of space etc.

ANY & ALL forum features/changes are being deferred until we move to VB4.1.3, which will re-enable video embedding by default.

As far as Soundcloud goes, good suggestion - it seems like we could do a custom bbcode as per http://blog.soundcloud.com/2009/07/28/soundcloud-player-in-forums-5-step-guide-for-soundcloud-bb-code/

VB4 and the 6th version of the overall site design SHOULD be live in ~2 months.

ANY & ALL forum features/changes are being deferred until we move to VB4.1.3, which will re-enable video embedding by default.

As far as Soundcloud goes, good suggestion - it seems like we could do a custom bbcode as per http://blog.soundcloud.com/2009/07/28/soundcloud-player-in-forums-5-step-guide-for-soundcloud-bb-code/

VB4 and the 6th version of the overall site design SHOULD be live in ~2 months.

Sounds good Pretzel. Thanks for letting us know :D