*NO* Mega Man X2 'Dusty Dune Devil'

DragonAvenger

Game: Mega Man X2

Tracks arranged: Overdrive Ostrich

Remix Title: Dusty Dune Devil

This is one of my tracks for the Maverick Rising project. I had originally intended it to be a desert sounding rock song, but when I added violins, the track took a turn towards Irish/riverdance and I decided to just go with it. So now it's three genres in one.

link:

--------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afCfbnOBAns

• 2 weeks later...

There's a lot of good things going on here. I like the mixture of styles you've got here overall, and I think they are combined pretty well for the most part. I think there are issues in the execution, however, that are really holding this back. The overall balance feels off, with the rhythm guitars being too loud, and some of the other elements not holding their weight as well as they should. Samples are decent, but show their weaknesses when they are featured (violin and guitar specifically). There are a few times where sequencing feels a little mechanical, mostly in the sections of slower notes.

The issues are all little things, but they are adding up.

NO (resubmit)

• 4 weeks later...

It feels like engineering-wise, that things are crowded into the middle too much, with very little bass presence in the bass guitar itself. Some samples sound cheapy, like the bass when exposed, and some of the violins.

Some of the sequencing was mechanical, while other sections felt overly loose. The hand percussion sections felt not completely locked down, while the drum kit felt pretty robotic. I suggest moving them both closer to a median, tightening up the hand stuff, and humanizing the kit a bit more.

I like the concept, and I think the rockverdance idea is really something that works well, and overall i'm good with the arrangement aspects; it's just the balance and track gelling that are making this not quite there. I'd love to hear a revision though!

No, please resubmit

• 2 weeks later...

the timing/sequencing here is a little weird as OA mentioned, the acoustic kit in particular is whats clashing the most timing-wise. the violin and the sitar-ish lead (1:50) samples aren't so hot when they're really exposed. the arrangement here was good- really liked the breakdown to the slow section. overall close, but would like to see the timing and lead instruments fixed up before calling it a pass.

NO(resub)