Goemon's Great Adventure - Otohime Town (Euro-Trance Club Mix)

Iceferno

I recently made a Club Mix in the Euro-Trance genre to "Coming With Resort Feeling", the theme to Otohime Town in Mystical Ninja 2/Goemon's Great Adventure for the N64. It's a calmer kind of Euro-Trance than I usually make and is more akin to old Ian Van Dahl tracks (eg: their remix of Kelly Llorenna's Tell It To My Heart). I stuck quite strictly to the original forumula, so don't expect any Mozart-y OCR type remixing here, but I had fun with it and I feel I stayed true to the atmosphere, which is most important, I believe.

To those unfamiliar with the theme, I shall paste links to the original aswell as my remix below. Hope you enjoy :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7dyOSRZJPU

Niiiice. Really like the soft part and build before 3 mins, and the rhythms in the pre 5:00 build-up. I'm also getting a bit of a NiGHTs vibe from this, the harmonies especially. There's some place where the bass drum and bass seem to lag behind, could also be the other instruments racing ahead. 6:13 is a pretty big stumble.

Got any place where we can download your stuff, Icey?

Interesting comparisons there. I've heard good things about NiGHTs (both the music and the games), but still haven't played either of them (I oughta get the Wii one sometime). I don't hear much of a problem at 6:13 but I suppose soon after when the snare fill comes in, things do get a bit muffled, yeah. Mastering has never been my strong point.

As for the MP3 download, it's in the description of, as with all my videos (located just under the credits). Thanks for your feedback :)