FFVIII - Time compression (Rap remix)

http://soundcloud.com/fli/ffviii-time-compression-remix

Well, no rapping so far, but I was thinking about getting a vocalist for the chorus bits as well as a rapper for the verse parts. Aside from that, the general layout is done, with little minor tweaks probably needing to be made (varying up the drums, etc.).

SOURCE:

I'm also quite shocked at the lack of remixes for the source, its quite beautiful at points, especially the harp part.

Comments?

My favorite source from the game. The reason I suspect there aren't more remixes of it on OCR is simply because the perfect remix of it is already up there. I agree, though - this is just too good of a source to let go like this. I support your remix of this source :nicework:.

The harmonies are sex in the original, and you make damn sure not to downplay them in this rendition. The synth choral little bits are especially nice, bringing out those clusters. Personally I'd like to hear more harmony clusters, but that's a compositional preference, from me.

The piano has great textures that bring a lot into the mix, however; it sounds very mechanical. Fix up the velocities, attacks and volume to make it sound more human. It also comes in a little stark when you first bring it in - perhaps you should have it come in a little bit more subtle?

A vocal track would do wonders for the current arrangement - it's almost like you're writing for a vocal line... oh wait. Yeah, it needs vocals for sure. I'm downloading this 'instrumental' version now, though, 'cause it's awesome. Hope you find some singers to help you out.

The piano has great textures that bring a lot into the mix, however; it sounds very mechanical. Fix up the velocities, attacks and volume to make it sound more human. It also comes in a little stark when you first bring it in - perhaps you should have it come in a little bit more subtle?

Noted, and kind of fixed, as the whole chorus kind of "trances" itself in there.

Anyway, updated the track slightly by adding some percussion at parts, I might add more once I'm using a real rap track instead of this Jadakiss acapella. I also slightly played with levels, extended the arrangement out another 8 bars (2nd verse felt like it needed it), and did something else I forgot. Same link as the 1st version.