OCR02200 - Mega Man 2 "Smooth Steel"

djpretzel

I was actually listening to Color Me Badd not more than 10 minutes before this track went up, so this is very relevant to my interests. Lyrics are incredibly smooth, the underlying track is solid... it's all just a glorious retro calvacade that I am digging so much.

(also, it's about time something Malcos-related hit the front page again)

I watched this on my phone yesterday on youtube before it was posted and thought it was pretty cool, though the youtube quality on phones is not preferable.. Also it's 2:30 and not 192kbps, what's up with that? No matter, this was a really interesting mix and I like to hear zircon with male vocals! I hope you do it again in the future!

I was actually listening to Color Me Badd not more than 10 minutes before this track went up, so this is very relevant to my interests....

you win this round.

like the melody, and no offense, but i'm just not into the vocal ReMixes. any chance of a karaoke version? :puppyeyes:

Wow...such a blast from the past, indeed. About time! Loved the track back then when I caught eye of the competition and love it now. Curious whether if there was any modifications to the OCR version.

I would've linked you guys to the competition thread itself so that everyone can check out the results, but sadly the links are down. There were some awesome tracks from Jillian herself and even rap versions by zyko and Chlorophil.

Been a participator of VOCR ever since. We need more tracks submitted from these competitions, specifically one that Liontamer has been dying to see on the site. Ironically, Malcos is in charge of the composition itself (not doing any singing) and Hale-Bopp provides the vocals. This is the best occasion to get Over Oceans Blue submitted! Do it, Malcos and Hale!

I would've linked you guys to the competition thread itself so that everyone can check out the results, but sadly the links are down. There were some awesome tracks from Jillian herself and even rap versions by zyko and Chlorophil.

I know this isn't a review... but yeah I went to go listen to some of the other tracks from this compo, and all the links are down :( Does anyone know if they're still up anywhere?

I've zipped up all of the VOCR1 entries, including the original instrumental and alternate entry. You can download it here:

http://themacattack.net/music/VOCR1.zip

Smooth Steel was my pick out of the competition. It's a good mix, however I think that Malcos and zircon could've worked together to flesh it out a little more from a structural perspective.

I've zipped up all of the VOCR1 entries, including the original instrumental and alternate entry. You can download it here:

http://themacattack.net/music/VOCR1.zip

Smooth Steel was my pick out of the competition. It's a good mix, however I think that Malcos and zircon could've worked together to flesh it out a little more from a structural perspective.

Thanks for putting this back up, man! Lots of good entries there, including Malcos' track of course. Your mashup one is pretty good as well...really fits the track.

Would've been cool if they modified the original submission a bit, but it is what it is. Still not a bad track. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Holy shit. I was simply not ready for that at all. Those vocals are freaking amazing and I love the lyrics to this. This goes so well with the smooth R&B feel that works with these kinds songs. Absolutely cold and slick. One of the best takes on Metal Man's theme I have ever heard. I love how the Mega Man tracks lend themselves so well to somber vocal mixes like this one.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02200 - Mega Man 2 "Smooth Steel"