8.9 Magnitude Earthquake in Japan (7.4 aftershock/tsunami - April 7th)

big giant circles

Thanks guys. I'm at home right now and still my house sways every now and then. When the big one happened, I was in an elementary school classroom and we all got under the desks. It was two separate earthquakes that happened in rapid succession. One in Miyagi prefecture and one in Ibaraki prefecture. Miyagi is far to the north and Ibaraki is near Tokyo in the middle of Japan. So basically well over half of Japan is being affected by the quakes. I live in one of the more quake-heavy areas, Niigata, but we got lucky this time. However, there are tons of places where roofs caved in and... Oh my god. I am watching news footage of a bridge collapsing and all the cars being swept away by a tsunami. This is really horrific. Huge areas are being evacuated for this, the biggest earthquake ever in Japan. Magnitude 8.8! The areas that didn't get shaken like Kyushu area in the south and Okinawan islands are all unbeleivably flooding. UGH. JUST now it says that very soon there may be another big quake starting in Fukushima. I might have to get under a table since I'm in the neighboring prefecture.

I'll write again very soon. Thanks.

Thanks guys. I'm at home right now and still my house sways every now and then. When the big one happened, I was in an elementary school classroom and we all got under the desks. It was two separate earthquakes that happened in rapid succession. One in Miyagi prefecture and one in Ibaraki prefecture. Miyagi is far to the north and Ibaraki is near Tokyo in the middle of Japan. So basically well over half of Japan is being affected by the quakes. I live in one of the more quake-heavy areas, Niigata, but we got lucky this time. However, there are tons of places where roofs caved in and... Oh my god. I am watching news footage of a bridge collapsing and all the cars being swept away by a tsunami. This is really horrific. Huge areas are being evacuated for this, the biggest earthquake ever in Japan. Magnitude 8.8! The areas that didn't get shaken like Kyushu area in the south and Okinawan islands are all unbeleivably flooding. UGH. JUST now it says that very soon there may be another big quake starting in Fukushima. I might have to get under a table since I'm in the neighboring prefecture.

I'll write again very soon. Thanks.

Sounds awful. Glad to hear you're safe.

Just prepared my house and bags for easy hiding under tables and easy evacuation. I feel pretty ready but the news footage of the flood is unbelievable. It's just sweeping away EVERYTHING in Miyagi. Also there are a lot of large oil compnay fires burning. Hollywood movie level of destruction.

Anyway, it seems like Niigata is going to be just fine so there's no need to be worried about me but keep sending your thoughts out to Miyagi and Ibaraki. They have it the worst.

Holy shit. I just saw live a car trying to outrun a black wave of mud and buildings, but was flipped over by it. I hope they are alright.

It's times like this that I wish the smart car weren't so popular. I wish everyone the best and I hope that there's not too much loss of life from these quakes. May God be with you all~