Naruto Shippuden: Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 - Title Theme (TRANCE)

Jewbei

Sup ya'll? its been a while i have a wip of The title theme from naruto ultimate ninja storm 2 im working very hard on this i want to give ocr a naruto remix being that im a HUUGE fan of the series and that there arent any naruto remixes i will update this ..so be on the look out

this is barebones as of now jus "jotting" down ideas but all feedback is welcomed!

Source:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUL-T7aOQDs

WIP:

stats.png

Semi Update:

stats.png

Very nice. I can tell it's been in production for a while.

I'm not familiar with the source, but so far this sounds like a pretty solid mix. Good luck with this! :-P

I don't really have any complaints... That's good. The only thing that's bugging me is the small flute part. It doesn't seem to mix well with this remix. It's too... cutting, if that makes any sense.

To put it this way, it slices through the other instruments and can be a bit distracting.

Other than that, I really like this.

First of all, the source. You picked an EPIC WIN game to remix. I love UNS 2. I haven't beat it yet, and I've been neglecting to finish it, but I've seen my brother finish it. Great story.

I don't like your use of flute/shakuhachi sample... you really need the legato to make it sound Naruto. Otherwise, it just sounds like a dry flute. (not dry in reverb, but in

soundscape)

Otherwise, good work. As i've said before, I'm not a fan of your intros because they take a little too long to get to the point, but I guess it's stylistic preference. Good production, but I think the main lead synths are a bit too loud. Turn em down a teeny bit.

Very nice. I can tell it's been in production for a while.

I'm not familiar with the source, but so far this sounds like a pretty solid mix. Good luck with this! :-P

I don't really have any complaints... That's good. The only thing that's bugging me is the small flute part. It doesn't seem to mix well with this remix. It's too... cutting, if that makes any sense.

To put it this way, it slices through the other instruments and can be a bit distracting.

Other than that, I really like this.

thanks man but youve guess right i did boosted a lil bit too much on the flute...but thats a place holder till i can find a nice sample.

First of all, the source. You picked an EPIC WIN game to remix. I love UNS 2. I haven't beat it yet, and I've been neglecting to finish it, but I've seen my brother finish it. Great story.

I don't like your use of flute/shakuhachi sample... you really need the legato to make it sound Naruto. Otherwise, it just sounds like a dry flute. (not dry in reverb, but in

soundscape)

Otherwise, good work. As i've said before, I'm not a fan of your intros because they take a little too long to get to the point, but I guess it's stylistic preference. Good production, but I think the main lead synths are a bit too loud. Turn em down a teeny bit.

thanks neblix actually thats jus a reg flute its jus a place holder till a good shakuhachi sample as for the into thats also temporary working on a new intro.

Sup Jewbie.

First off - nice source tune, gotta love Naruto.

It depends on how you treat the rest of the mix source wise, but the intro you can get away with as far as source usuage is concerned imo.

Sounds like everything is slightly over saturated in reverb atm, but other than that, the production sounds crisp, and really tight. That first lead you use (the one you use as a call and response with the flute - sound slightly too detuned to me, but that won't bother most people. Not going to comment on the flute as its just a place holder for awesome.

What you have right now is a good base. Expand and variate, and you'll have yourself a winner for sure! :D

I like the mix. I know how difficult it is to make a shakuhachi out of a synth flute. Unless you are using a VST, you pretty much won't be able to nail the sound. So, I say good job on that part.

With that said, your track sounds too much like Heaven Scent by John Digweed. Or alternatively, it sounds like the theme song from MTV's Spider-Man (also by John Digweed, and essentially a remix of Heaven Scent). Maybe it is just me, but it sounds like you are using the same bass line :S

Sup Jewbie.

First off - nice source tune, gotta love Naruto.

It depends on how you treat the rest of the mix source wise, but the intro you can get away with as far as source usuage is concerned imo.

Sounds like everything is slightly over saturated in reverb atm, but other than that, the production sounds crisp, and really tight. That first lead you use (the one you use as a call and response with the flute - sound slightly too detuned to me, but that won't bother most people. Not going to comment on the flute as its just a place holder for awesome.

What you have right now is a good base. Expand and variate, and you'll have yourself a winner for sure! :D

thanks will for pointing out the lead im going to fix that up.

I like the mix. I know how difficult it is to make a shakuhachi out of a synth flute. Unless you are using a VST, you pretty much won't be able to nail the sound. So, I say good job on that part.

With that said, your track sounds too much like Heaven Scent by John Digweed. Or alternatively, it sounds like the theme song from MTV's Spider-Man (also by John Digweed, and essentially a remix of Heaven Scent). Maybe it is just me, but it sounds like you are using the same bass line :S

LOL i see someone here knows their trance. you are correct i got the idea for the bass from Heaven's Scent ..jus a FYI. its jus not one bass that shit is layered...its 3 basses. a low .. a mid and a high bass. took me bout 30mins to get it to sit good in the mix.

• 1 month later...

Sweet track, Jewbei!

Loved the leads, melody ^^

I, myself, would have liked the song even more if there was a solo guitar subtly in the background in the beginning, becoming more and more noticeable and doing more and more harmonies,

then suddenly burst out in wicked solos like melody did, then go back to being subtle (then repeat the cycle with small variations).

Maybe more in the style he does from ca. 70% into the jam he posted(when the tracker is above the "a" in "Download Track")

Wow, this is really great!

I'm a huge fan of the source music and trance in general, so this really sounds doubly amazing for me. As far as I'm concerned, you're really headed into the right direction with the mix.

PS @ Melody: That was some sick shreddage in there. :o

thanks man glad you liked it im taking a huge risk with one being how the source is being interpreted in this mix so lets see how this will turn out.

yo melody sick solos

Sweet track, Jewbei!

Loved the leads, melody ^^

I, myself, would have liked the song even more if there was a solo guitar subtly in the background in the beginning, becoming more and more noticeable and doing more and more harmonies,

then suddenly burst out in wicked solos like melody did, then go back to being subtle (then repeat the cycle with small variations).

Maybe more in the style he does from ca. 70% into the jam he posted(when the tracker is above the "a" in "Download Track")

youve jus gave me a good idea thanks....however for the solos i dont wanna really go all out like that the J's already be on me about my arrangement style lol. so im thinking about staying in safe waters this time around...but eh we'll see.