*NO* Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker 'Rockin' Legend'

djpretzel

eMixer name: Nuusika

E-mail Addres : nuusika@gmail.com

Your Website : UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Name of game(s) ReMixed : The Legend of Zelda : Wind Waker

Name of invidual song(s) ReMixed: Intro to Story

Comments: Yeah, i listened very much that OC ReMix music so i wanted to make my own songs. I'm played all Zelda games and i like those very much so i decided to take Wind Waker's Intro to Story music because it's sounds beatiful

The arrangement was too conservative and repetitive, the percussion samples came off as too basic and beginner-ish (nice substitution for "very amateur," yes?), and the multiple cymbal shots and orchestral stabs were really tacky. I liked the sound used for the lead though. Stay dedicated toward improvement and you'll come up with better material in the future.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

Too simplistic an arrangement. As with larry, I love your reverb drenched harp lead, it works very nicely in this context. The atmosphere is great throughout. There's also clipping or audio issues like at 1:31. Drums and percussion throughout are too basic and simplistic. The orchestral hits were ok, but extremely overused and way too loud. They get a bit monotonous after a while.

It's getting there, but this needs much more work, particularly in the compositional content/arrangement aspect. Keep at it, you show promise.

NO

• 3 weeks later...

Whoa orch hits. Tone it down there buddy. It's my belief that an orchestra hit is something which should only be used once in every 500 songs written. And when I say once, I mean only use it once in that 500th song. This song is somewhere in the 200s. You get my drift, yes?

As for the rest of the song, the harp lead thingy is too resonant and there's too much reverb on this whole piece. There's nothing here but melody, loud drums, and orch hits.

NO