Terra (String Adagio) from FFVI

Flubly

Make sure to watch in HD, there's a huge difference.

Pretty simple concept with simple execution, though I think the results are very nice. This piece is usually known for its melody and driving bass line, but I was attracted to the quartet that is the foundation for the whole thing. A nice canon with some simple but satisfying counter point.

• 2 weeks later...

Its definitely interesting that you left out the melody completely. I don't think I've ever heard of that being done for a remix.

Thats definitly one way of differing it from all the other mixes of this song and I really like it. A very calming, minimalist approach. For something like this it would have to be much longer though I think

I don't hear the canon in there (probably because all the instruments start simultaneously - totally against canon for the... canon...) but the counterpoint in that track is quite fun. Very rich and well produced. It doesn't quite evoke the same feeling as the original did with that theme, but the feeling that this produces is equally enthralling.

I like it :P

It's interesting that you attempted a remix without the main melody but I think you could have put in creatively to add some more movement to the song but not lose the feel. With how it is now I completely agree with Gario, There is a lack of emotion without it. So I would think about how to make the actual melody be more minimalistic but then again it's your music and you don't have to. it's still nice as is.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks guys, I'm glad you got some enjoyment out of it.

I'm definitely keen on the idea of expanding it and developing a build since the progression cycles nicely. This wasn't a crack at fame, but more of an interesting approach to reflect on the pieces structure. Possibly to be no more than an inspiration for a further work.

I won't be able to work on such a thing for a while, but maybe it will inspire some one else. I wanted to get it out here before I forgot, since I think it raises worthy discussion.