Replacing .midi sound with .wav sound

Deepslayer

A long time ago I stumbled across some program that allowed me to pretty much create my own library of .wav sounds to use in a .midi program like Cakewalk. I know I'm not actualy replacing the sounds but there was some sort of .wav sampler that played when I wanted a certian tone.

Ideally I'm looking for a sampler that allows me to make a library of .wav for every key on a keyboard and not one that transposes one sound to all the keys (these sound awful).

Or....

I have ARIA for Acid pro which is a sampler (I think). I know where the file is that contains the .audio files for all the sounds but I can't find anything about the player on how to add my own custom sounds to it. I think if I can get into the doc that adds a new instrument and then record my sounds into a .audio format I can use the ARIA player as my sampler. I'm not smart enough to figure out how to do all this without blowing something up.

Note: I posted in the newbie forum because I'm a newb at computer programing, music, and remixing so go easy on me with the terminology.

Edit: changed mapper to sampler as to not look too noobish.

Afaik, Kontakt is the best format for sample mapping, but since you can't afford, see if you can save up. You should also wait until Black Friday, because last Black Friday they had Kontakt for half off. (snagged it mah self. :D)

In the meantime though, if you have FL Studio, give Directwave a shot. If not, again, save for Kontakt. The end results are way more than worth the struggling of waiting and wanting. There are few samplers that let you map your own stuff (and the ones that do cost money), so try shooting for soundfont players instead and use free soundfonts on the internet.