$5 Garritan Pocket Orchestra

SubNormal J3

I'm such a newb at this stuff, and I can't see much information...would I need to buy an additional $6000 plugin to use this? Is it something I could just load up in FL Studio?

:tomatoface:

Nope; yep. You get Dimension LE with it, which you can load up in FL.

I bought Dimension Pro the other day. It's like a lower budget version of Omnisphere.

I've been really impressed with the synthesis engine in Dimension Pro's. It's not, and doesn't profess to be an uber-realistic sampler. It's main focus is on using advanced synthesis on sampled sounds. Lots of cool combinations. In other words, I guess it is developed more for programmers than preset users, but the presets that do come with it are still awesome.

Having said all that, I'm still a synth noob and tend to stick with older vintage synths that I understand. I actually own Dimension (the middle version between Dimension Pro and LE which is no longer available), I love the sounds that come out of it, but I'm trying to move from preset user to programmer so I'm using simpler subtractive synths right now until I'm ready for more advanced techniques in Dimension. For $5 it's a steal to get the LE version with the Garritan samples.

So it says "Works on Mac and PC" there... anyone try it on Mac? I'm guessing the sampler or whatever it is comes with the $5? Anyone have a rough overview of the kinds of sounds that come with this thing?

I wouldn't mind a set of decent-sounding orchestral instruments and for $5 it seems like I'd be off to a good start.

So it says "Works on Mac and PC" there... anyone try it on Mac? I'm guessing the sampler or whatever it is comes with the $5? Anyone have a rough overview of the kinds of sounds that come with this thing?

I wouldn't mind a set of decent-sounding orchestral instruments and for $5 it seems like I'd be off to a good start.

The pro version works all right in Logic Express 8, I doubt you'll have any problems.

I bought this about 10 hours ago but the serial number hasn't shown up. I clicked on the "register" link when you load the product and sent in my registration but nothing. I've sent in a customer support ticket.

If this is a promotion trying to promote their Online Store and Products... it's not working. :(

I'm assuming you downloaded it and did not get in on a disc. If so, I'm not sure how you would have been able to download without proper serial registration. Actually, I didn't have to do any registration. I just had to execute the installer from the download page at the Cakewalk store.

So first things first, open up the Dimesnion VST and click the logo in the top right corner to find out what version you have and the serial number. It should be version 1.2. This is the version with the garritan samples. As far as the serial number goes, mine is just a bunch of XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX's all the way across. So I'm not sure what's going on there. I did have the older version without the garritan samples installed before, so maybe that has something to do with it, but I don't know. Sorry.

Next, check your sample and preset libraries by clicking the following two sections and browsing up one level to see if there is a folder with garritan samples.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Finally, I'd go ahead and download the free 1.5 update that optimizes a few things. It doesn't include any samples, and you must have version 1.2 installed first. URL="http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/kb/reader.aspx/2007013166"]Link here

(Note: in Windows, samples are stored in the folder where you installed Dimension LE's DXi version, I'm assuming that in Mac, they were installed in the VST directory or in a separate directory in the application folders. The program/preset files are stored in the "All Users" application data folder in Windows, so I do not know what the equivalent in mac would be. The Cakewalk forums are very responsive, you could ask there. Here's a link to the Virtual Instruments forum.

I'm assuming you downloaded it and did not get in on a disc. If so, I'm not sure how you would have been able to download without proper serial registration. Actually, I didn't have to do any registration. I just had to execute the installer from the download page at the Cakewalk store.

They emailed me a download link for it, but no serial key, so I was able to get the link but there was no serial attached to it, when I open it up it says, "Do you want to register your product?" So I did. I don't think I entered anything in the serial key, since I didn't get a serial when I bought the software. It is listed in my account but the "Serial" section is blank.

I'm guessing that it was supposed to have been registered right on the download then. There definitely seems to be something wrong though. I'll try reinstalling it and following your instructions right now.

EDIT: I'm up to 1.5 but there's no Garritan Pocket Orchestra directory on my computer. I found the place where they put the WAV samples and similar (it's /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Dimension LE Content) but there's nothing orchestral in that directory.

I think I might put another ticket in with customer service about this. I'm pretty disappointed so far.

Maybe they haven't processed your order yet. I got an AAS thing a while back from audiomidi, had to email them about the serial number when I didn't get one for a week or something.

Bought Dim Pro straight from IK Multimedia, so idunno how fast they send serials via audiomidi. Ordered Miroslav Classik yesterday, waiting on the serial for that. Give it a few business days or whatever they say on the site that orders might take to process, then email and ask if you still haven't got anything.

Maybe they haven't processed your order yet. I got an AAS thing a while back from audiomidi, had to email them about the serial number when I didn't get one for a week or something.

Bought Dim Pro straight from IK Multimedia, so idunno how fast they send serials via audiomidi. Ordered Miroslav Classik yesterday, waiting on the serial for that. Give it a few business days or whatever they say on the site that orders might take to process, then email and ask if you still haven't got anything.

They say 15 minutes to give you a serial key :( I bought from Cakewalk store as linked above in first post.

I've left in support tickets with them now, 1 about the missing GPO files, another about my serial key. I expect that they'll get back to me in like a week. I guess it's only $5 but if I had actually paid full price for this thing I'd be pretty pissed off.

This product is pretty decent, it has a lot of sounds, ranging from low-medium quality. It loads very fast which is probably my biggest like. If you want orchestral sounds you could probably get it from soundfonts. If you want some unique sounds and some general sounds in easy package. Then this is worth it. I still mostly use Alchemy libraries, because I looove it.

Edit: sorry for taking so long.

if someone could throw together a quick demo, that'd be really awesome. :<

seconded. It would be nice to hear a demo from someone with the magic touch.

Hey everybody, regardless of what soundfonts you have I think this is an EXCELLENT save. I have Sonar x1 so I already have Garritan, but if you can get all this for $5 what are you waiting for?

it's not mind-blowing, but as somebody earlier in this thread said, it is about 800 MB of sounds for five bucks. Plus, I waited just one day to actually purchase a laptop for about $399. The very next day (when I paid for it) the price rose to $499 (plus tax and shipping). SO GET IT NOW!