Beatdrop - Mixed Live (DJ Mix Series) - VOLUME TWO!

Beatdrop

Hey everyone,

Finally taking advantage of my DJ setup (now that I have a functional laptop, on loan from Flik). Decided to start a new series of mixes in line with my older computer-engineered DJ mixes, except much more akin to what you'd get out of me at an actual performance. Introducing the first volume of Mixed Live:

http://soundcloud.com/beatdrop/beatdrop-mixed-live-vol-1

This volume ranges from House to Electro to Psytrance over the span of 67 minutes. Tracklist is on SoundCloud in the form of timed comments on the mix. Hope you all enjoy. There'll definitely be more of these coming in the future.

NOTE: This was recorded without pre-planning, retakes, or edits, so don't expect it to be quite as fluid as the computer-engineered mixes of old. However, the actual mixing is improved because I'm no longer relying on automated EQ and volume changes.

And now, volume TWO!

http://soundcloud.com/beatdrop/beatdrop-mixed-live-vol-2

Does this mark the end of The Drop?

Absolutely not! The Drop will live on, although I haven't done an episode in FOREVER. I do, however, fully intend to work on that very soon. The Drop is more about showcasing music of all varieties that I've been listening to or discovering, whereas DJ mixes are a bit more restricting because I can only mix what I can beatmatch or blend smoothly. Not having to worry about fluidity of transitions makes the podcast ripe for a lot more variety.

PS: Revolution + Beat Hazard is sick.

Indeedily. It's just too bad I've been dethroned from the high score position on all my own tracks. How embarrassing :D

Wolfgang, deadmau5, Felguk, Rogue Element and Deepsky?

Well this is pretty much a mix tailored to my ears' needs. Love it!

Some of my favorites. I don't normally use a whole lot of deadmau5, but "A City In Florida" is a really gritty track that fits right in with a lot of the other electro I spin. And Rogue Element is the shit. Still waiting for Felguk's "Blow Out" to come out. As for Deepsky, they were way ahead of their time and put so much intricacy into their tracks.

Absolutely not! The Drop will live on, although I haven't done an episode in FOREVER. I do, however, fully intend to work on that very soon. The Drop is more about showcasing music of all varieties that I've been listening to or discovering, whereas DJ mixes are a bit more restricting because I can only mix what I can beatmatch or blend smoothly. Not having to worry about fluidity of transitions makes the podcast ripe for a lot more variety.

Indeedily. It's just too bad I've been dethroned from the high score position on all my own tracks. How embarrassing :D

You might check your Audiosurf scores too bud, I think I've done beat every one of your scores on all of your songs that you've played...and I somehow beat your Ninja score on Revolution...that song is sick on Audiosurf!

• 2 weeks later...

Mixed Live Volume 2 is now available!

http://soundcloud.com/beatdrop/beatdrop-mixed-live-vol-2

This one's a bit cleaner than the first thanks to some better track choices. ("Cowbois" by Shadowdancer in the first mix really caused some problems.)

This time, the mix is electro --> progressive --> electro. Hope you all enjoy. Next mix will likely be more experimental, so look forward to that.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, and this includes your first look at A_Rival's remix of my new track "Tachyon."

• 3 weeks later...