Rebecca Black - Best song evar

Fishy

OH yea, its making money but LORD HELP ME.

I still hate it.

EDIT (from their website and why I hate it even more) Underlining added for emphasis.

Rebecca Black is a fun, loving, 13 year old. She loves to sing, dance and act, and she is always looking to try something new. Now in 8th grade, she landed the lead role in her school musical, Oklahoma! She started dance classes when she was three years old and has continued studying dance since. She studied Jazz, Ballet, Hip Hop, and Tap. She starred in a local commercial when she was 7 for the building toy Puzzlecraft. She participated in a patriotic performing group. performing at over 50 locations including singing the Star Spangled Banner at the Angels Stadium. At age 11, she signed with a modeling management company. She started vocal lessons at 10 years old, and she's continued with it ever since. Singing is her passion, and it's what she loves to do. In the summers of 2008 and 2009 she participated in a musical theatre summer camp. When she started going to her local public school, she immediately auditioned for musical theatre, and now succeeds with flying colors. She starred in the school's rendition of Guys and Dolls, and their variety shows such as Showtime America, Broadway, USA, and Star Search. This past summer, she visited New York and participated in various workshops with cast members of West Side Story, Memphis, and In the Heights.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh.

Edited by Cyril the Wolf

So a small-time indie music publishing group has pushed a song that isn't really good? And some of you guys are acting shocked and outraged?

This happens all the time, it's not a big deal, and if she ends up having a pop music career that gets large enough to impact any of your lives, it'll be several years from now, not in the immediate future.

It is funny that her song is a new meme, but to say that this is indicative of the pop music market as a whole is pretty off base. The music of the song itself is catchy, but the engineering is nothing special, and those actual lyrics would never have made it past the label QA if it was a major. There is a difference between ironically trying to be bad (Ke$ha and the like), and legitimately being too green to write good lyrics.

tldr: the song isn't good, but you guys are being silly.

I didn't realize it was an indie thing, myself, which does put some stuff in perspective. But she's still putting herself out there so she's going to get criticism, from people here and from others. That's just a (sometimes very unfortunate) fact. You do something, you're gonna get judged on it on the internets.

Although I think some people (in general, not here) need to cool it. She *is* just a kid so there's such a thing as going too far.

I heard her sing in an interview without auto tune, and while I'm still not moved or anything she sounds better without the overuse of auto tune. Why they saturated the song with auto tune is beyond me.