OCR02205 - VVVVVV "Clubbed Baby VVVVVVeal"

djpretzel

Wow...when I saw that few OC Remixers where involved in PPPPPPowerup! I tought that maybe one of the tracks could've become an OC ReMix as well.

I really loved the VVVVVV soundtrack, but haven't buyed the remix album yet, so I'm happy to listen an excerpt.

Anyway, for the last months I've been (and still I am) in total love for Danny's Super Meat Boy soundtrack, so it's nice to have something new from him.

Oh, and the remix is just awesome.

I was going to check out this game but I could never remember how many V's were in the title. All jokes aside, this is a really fun mix. I had the honor of meeting Danny B at one of his panels at MAGFest, got the autographed Meat Boy soundtrack. :-) So I'm both happy to hear this mix and know what he's talking about when he mentions the Meat Boy influence.

Love it. Definitely sounds like VVVVVV, but I swear I hear Meat Boy themes in there, especially in the background melody (at 2:12, I DEFINITELY hear the "Teh Internets" tune), but I guess you can't plagiarize your own original work...

...not that Danny would ever do such a thing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have to say... I would not have heard any of this music if it weren't for last year's OCR Secret Santa. I was gifted a bundle of games, one of which was VVVVVV. I played it and fell in love instantly. The thing that drew me in the most was the music.

After beating it a couple of times, I posted a request for remixes. Little did I know that PPPPPPowerup! was in the works. The entire album is pretty cool, but this track is great. It's as if the source was taken and ported for use in Super Meat Boy, which is exactly what Danny B was going for. Great work! Love this track. :3

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02205 - VVVVVV "Clubbed Baby VVVVVVeal"