Ghost Trick: (slightly) obscure DS title

Dr.Flintlock

Hi guys. I haven't been on OCR in quite awhile (some nasty little thing called "real life" finally caught up with me and kicked me in the teeth), but I figured I'd post a little sumthin' sumthin' about a little DS game I picked up on a whim that I noticed hasn't gotten a ton of attention.

Its called Ghost Trick and its made by capcom and, if I'm not mistaken, also made by the same team in charge of the Phoenix Wright games. Its essentially a point and click adventure game, where your character is a ghost of some recently deceased dude and you possess different objects and manipulate them in order to accomplish various goals. These can be as simple as interacting with a living character to thwarting an attack from an assassin.

I'm only on Chapter 5 or so and so far its got some of the most likeable characters I've encountered thus far (a pomeranian by the name of Missile comes to mind). Its like someone took the coolest part of the movie Ghost, and put it into a VERY Japanese adventure game.

Also, the visuals, oh my god, the visuals. Here's a quick

to give you an idea.

Overall, highly recommended so far. Was actually curious if anyone was aware of this little gem or not?

I've known about it since it was announced (btw, the Ace Attorney relation is that AA creator Shu Takumi thought of this), and beat it a few days after its release. Phenomenal game.

Also, if you have the first PW game, go to Episode 4: Turnabout Farewells. The dog you can get from Gumshoe partway through is named Missile, and is a Pomeranian.

You can see the connection.