The Music Software Deals thread

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For one day only, Arturia is going to be GIVING away Minimoog-v for free and that day is Thursday, June 21st.

"On June 21st, World Music day, we are glad to offer you a commemorative version of the Minimoog V called Minimoog V original.

Functions behind the front panel are not available but all sounds and features from the Minimoog V2.5 (a $229/219Eur product) are included. Just like the original Minimoog."

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/products/minimoogv/minimoogv-original.html

Functions behind the front panel? How does that mean?

There are some extra functions in the full paid version. These are modern functions that were not part of the original Minimoog from the 70s. Stuff like delay effects, polyphony, etc. Honestly, I don't need that stuff anyway. If I want a Moog sound, I'd rather stay as close to the original functionality as I can.

There are some extra functions in the full paid version. These are modern functions that were not part of the original Minimoog from the 70s. Stuff like delay effects, polyphony, etc. Honestly, I don't need that stuff anyway. If I want a Moog sound, I'd rather stay as close to the original functionality as I can.

Actually, I suspect it means that you won't be able to make a patch with any of the extra functions, nor will you be able to edit the functions on an existing patch, but if you load a patch made with the full MiniMoog V, you'll be able to play it back the way it was created. That's how they do things with their Analog Factory line of products.

Actually, I suspect it means that you won't be able to make a patch with any of the extra functions, nor will you be able to edit the functions on an existing patch, but if you load a patch made with the full MiniMoog V, you'll be able to play it back the way it was created. That's how they do things with their Analog Factory line of products.

From what I've read elsewhere, it looks like you will be able to edit patches and such. You just won't have the extra functionality that's in the 'rear panel'. Either way, free is free.

From what I've read elsewhere, it looks like you will be able to edit patches and such. You just won't have the extra functionality that's in the 'rear panel'. Either way, free is free.

I should've said "edit the extra functions". You'll definitely be able to edit what's on the front panel; they say as much on the Arturia page you linked. And yes, looking forward to getting my hands on it.

Just bumping this to remind people that the MiniMoog Original is available right now. Arturia's based out of France, so there's only 19 hours left to claim it. Though, the site is running really slowly, so good luck :)

If anyone has been able to grab the .torrent file, can you please upload it on another host? I've been trying to download it since last night but with no success :mrgreen:

EDIT: Nevermind, got it!

Edited by Ivan Hakštok

Yeah, I got the Minimoog too, but when I try to run the .exe I got, it tells me its not a "Valid Win32 application".

What? How do I run it then?

You can't run it, if you open the exe with notepad you'll only see a note that the servers are overloaded. I downloaded it directly from their FTP server, but it's been taken down :/