The Music Software Deals thread

Just a little side note...you do need an iLok.

Great news! You're mistaken! :-P

Your Little PrimalTap license and installer will now be shown in your SoundToys.com account, follow the link below to access your account. You will need to install Little PrimalTap and then follow the activation instructions when you open up your DAW. You can activate your authorization directly to your computer and DO NOT need an iLok USB key.

Your Little PrimalTap license and installer will now be shown in your SoundToys.com account, follow the link below to access your account. You will need to install Little PrimalTap and then follow the activation instructions when you open up your DAW. You can activate your authorization directly to your computer and DO NOT need an iLok USB key.

So they feel our pain. :<

I've gotten a little use out of Absynth, but the stock presets are just too wonky and tough to integrate into a track

You doin it wrong, gotta integrate tracks into absynth patches!

I no wut im talking about i had a warezed absynth in 2004!

Remember kids warezed absynth no gud. Makes u go blind and all self mutilatin and shit

you need an iLok ID in order to register thoooooo

took 10 minutes to set up.

impressions: interesting sounds, great assortment of few parameters to tweak for some fun results. not a bread and butter delay in any sense. but who needs another one of those anyway?

seems more like a light FSU type plugin that's meant to be automated.

the bad: amount of cpu use isn't really acceptable for a delay.

dunno if i'll keep it, sure didn't appreciate cluttering up my system with that iLok license manager.

but free is free and it's pretty good if you value sound over performance.

random twiddling over a sine bloop:

stats.png

it's funny, i think chiptune people could get a kick out of using it. twiddling the multiplier thingy results in these arpy 8bit-ish sounds.

Edited by Nase

Hey guys, making a return to using kontakt after many years to expand my EWQL saturated library. I used Kontakt 3 back in the day, but havent updated since then.

Couple of questions I thought you all would know the answers to:

How often does NI offer Kontakt or Komplete on sale? Cant wait forever, but if there's some upcoming spring sale they do every year, I'd be patient.

Any chance my owning several versions past qualifies me for some sort of discount? I doubt it, but thought I'd ask.

Thanks.

Hey guys, making a return to using kontakt after many years to expand my EWQL saturated library. I used Kontakt 3 back in the day, but havent updated since then.

Couple of questions I thought you all would know the answers to:

How often does NI offer Kontakt or Komplete on sale? Cant wait forever, but if there's some upcoming spring sale they do every year, I'd be patient.

Any chance my owning several versions past qualifies me for some sort of discount? I doubt it, but thought I'd ask.

Thanks.

They do a yearly summer sale just for updates, upgrades, and crossgrades.

Yes, you can update from Kontakt 3 to Kontakt 5. You can also crossgrade from Kontakt 3 to Komplete 9.

Free library from SonicCouture. Very interesting possibilities for these sounds. The demo songs are just dynamite. Grab your copy while it's free!

http://www.soniccouture.com/en/products/p174-concert-kazoos/

I am almost embarrassed to admit that this brings the number of kazoo libraries I have to two.

Edited by Moseph