The Music Software Deals thread

Well that's crazy. They do say it's a limited time, however I don't know how often it comes in sale... Anyway :

SampleTank 2 = 149.99 $

SampleMoog = 99.99 $

Miroslav Philharmonik = 149.99 $

Sonik Synth 2 = 99.99 $

SampleTron = 99.99 $

Xpansion Tank 2 = 29.99 $

That's 630 $USD when bought one by one.

Got the bundle for 99$ instead of 300$ like it is on amazon which I suspect is the usual price on IKMultimedia.

It's not EWQL yet, but at least I won't have to use Miroslav in Reason

I hope the Sonik Synth 2 is worth it too :)

Incorrect. I bought Komplete 3 on a sale. No cross grade or nothing. Also in 2012:

http://www.sonicstate.com/amped/2012/11/23/native-instruments-thanksgiving-sale/

For like the 4th time being said, NI's Black Friday sales don't include Komplete. :evil: I wouldn't have bought Kontakt for $200 if I could buy Komplete for $250. I'm not that stupid.

For like the 4th time being said, NI's Black Friday sales don't include Komplete. :evil: I wouldn't have bought Kontakt for $200 if I could buy Komplete for $250. I'm not that stupid.

You can keep saying it and you can keep being wrong ;) They don't usually include any version of Komplete, no, but last Thanksgiving, they did put upgrades/crossgrades to Komplete on sale.

If you're a student, you NEED TO SEE THIS RIGHT NOW!

http://www.soundsonline-europe.com/CCC2EDU

For those with verifiable Student ID, 85% off the Gold editions of Hollywood Strings, Brass, Woodwind, and 4 other available instruments of your choice (Stormdrum 2 is there, Ministry of Rock 2, Solo Violin, Voices of Passion, etc). Seriously guys, go go go!

If you're a student, you NEED TO SEE THIS RIGHT NOW!

http://www.soundsonline-europe.com/CCC2EDU

For those with verifiable Student ID, 85% off the Gold editions of Hollywood Strings, Brass, Woodwind, and 4 other available instruments of your choice (Stormdrum 2 is there, Ministry of Rock 2, Solo Violin, Voices of Passion, etc). Seriously guys, go go go!

For anyone considering buying, note that EastWest's terms of license forbid you from using educational versions for commercial purposes.

Education versions cannot be used for any commercial purpose. A commercial purpose is any revenue-generating activity beyond the usual and customary activities educational institutions engage in. If you become involved in a project that involves payment, we have an upgrade available to a fully licensed version. Contact sales@eastwestsounds.com as the upgrade price is dependent on your selection of products, however it represents the difference between the student price and the regular price for a full commercial license.
Edited by Moseph

It's more of a moral consciousness thing.

As a programmer and composer, I am likely to respect other composers and programmers, especially in the case of using something they make so that I can make money off of it. This is why all of my stuff is 100% paid for or otherwise acquired through things like "FREE FOR ONLY 2 DAYS"

Edited by Neblix

Well, as a teromopitoser and semifengrammer (which are words I just made up that mean the same things but BETTER), I know the morals of how that stuff applies in real life are far more gray and less ironclad than that. It's one thing to abuse an educational discount to save money on a production that's guaranteed serious income already, it's another if you're a college student and you get small gigs like the local church wanting you to run MIDI recordings they did on their now defunct piano, or doing small indie game gigs for a couple hundred bucks.

To me it's like taping the Superbowl. You're actually not allowed to do it, but who's going to write to the NFL licensing department or whatever to obtain permission just to be able to watch it in their own home or play it for a football party? The software itself isn't for everyone anyway, and better this way you could get some miles out of it and find out later the software just doesn't do it for you than to find out after spending another $600+.

I don't support screwing businesses over out of revenue, but I also don't support businesses screwing consumers out of money either. There shouldn't be a hard and fast standard there, just should be up to the consumer how they want or not want to abuse it, and let the consequences fall where they might.

Edit: I also never use educational discounts, mostly because it gets to be pretty much impossible for me to be a student again. :P