The Music Software Deals thread

I expect they talk about uncompressed size both because in consumers' minds, larger usually equals better, and also since when when using size as a rough evaluation of a Kontakt library's content depth vs. a non-Kontakt library, you'd look at the uncompressed size for both, since they'll both use different compression types.

EDIT: Also, talking in terms of uncompressed size is standard in the industry -- everyone does it, not just Native Instruments.

Edited by Moseph

So, not a huge deal but Soundiron has a small sale on Iron Pack 3:

http://soundiron.com/products/ironpack

$2.99 instead of $4.99 :P Its cheap even at full price, and it sounds like it has some decent percussion sounds. You can never have enough percussion.

*EDIT - Also a sale on their "Metal Bundle", which has a bunch of things but I haven't really looked into it. Might be worth a look though!

http://soundiron.com/products/metal-bundle

Edited by Amphibious

Despite the name of the website, this freebie (Eventide Ultra Channel) is for Pro Tools as well as VST and AU formats. No iLok is required. Grab it while you can!

http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home-page/2014/6/9/free-eventide-ultra-channel-plug-in-until-july-8th-with-code.html

sweet, it's x64 only. While my computer is x64, my DAW is 32-bit, and will remain so until Mixcraft releases their next version w/ x64 support. :|

What the hell, I'll download anyway, just so I can be future-ready!

That's some pretty annoying DRM, and I'm not sure if this is so amazing compared to other VST's that do the same things, but I signed up anyway just in case.

it could be argued that anything using iLok is ridiculous DRM, but hey, it's a small price for free!

Also, just saw this appear on facebook today from ISW:

We're proud to announce that VOCALISA: Slavic Women's Choir will debut on JUNE 16th! This choral library includes FOUR sections (mezzo, alto, soprano, fullchoir) plus a soloist, with multiple syllables, articulations, FX, and a gorgeous interface. With an intro price of $99 we think you'll find an excellent place for it in your palette. To hear the library in action, check our SoundCloud link below!

https://soundcloud.com/isworks/sets/vocalisa-slavic-womens-choir

I'm going to assume the intro price constitutes as a "software deal" in order to post this in this thread. I'm keeping an eye out on this one.

Despite the name of the website, this freebie (Eventide Ultra Channel) is for Pro Tools as well as VST and AU formats. No iLok is required. Grab it while you can!

http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home-page/2014/6/9/free-eventide-ultra-channel-plug-in-until-july-8th-with-code.html

WOW -what a deal - the micro shift algorithm on it's own kicks ass -

Kirk Hunter is having a really weird sale where it starts at 75 percent off and gets more expensive each week. so act within the next few days for the max discount. Concert Strings 2 and Concert Brass 2 are my go to strings and brass.... if you're looking for dry recorded instruments, non dongled, Kontakt, definitely check them out.

• Our new Transient Shaper gives more or less 'snap' to individual kitpieces or your overall drum mix. [Top reason IMO]
  • The new Tone Designer makes a drum sound more or less dampened, letting you add or remove ringing with ease. [Another top reason IMO]
  • Two Delerb processors combine Delay and Reverb effects that are ideal for drums. A unique 'Swirl' thickening feature and advanced EQ give sound designers lots of exciting new options.
  • Six additional Kitpiece Slots let you build kits with up to 18 individual kitpieces.
  • New FlexiSlots let you load additional Kicks, Snares, HiHats, and more.
  • Kitpiece Linking lets you easily link drums for a fatter sound. [sounds like layering to me]
  • Specialty "Trigger" Kitpieces (sine waves, white noise and one shot drum samples) open up a world of new sound design options. You can link them to acoustic drums to give more “oomph” or even use them on their own to create new analog and digital sounding drums!
  • New Response section lets you tweak performances to fit them into a mix.
  • Two MultiFX inserts on every channel for even more sound design options.
  • New 4 band EQ with additional Low and High cut controls.

• You can now Drag’n’Drop Audio directly from the Addictive Drums 2 engine. Play a drum—or even a whole rhythm if you like—and simply drag it as an audio file straight into your music software’s timeline or desktop.
  • New “Sound Ideal” search system lets you sort all your presets from ‘clean’ to ‘distorted’ to help you narrow down and find the right sounds quickly. [Very helpful]
  • Snapshots makes A/B comparisons super easy. Take snapshots of all your settings and recall any four snapshots instantly.
  • New CloudSync system means your presets are always up to date and with you no matter where you choose to work.
  • Standalone version of AD2 is your perfect jamming companion. Fire it up quickly and start playing along without dealing with your music software. The new Tempo control makes it easy to adapt beats to your needs.
  • Many improved Copy/Paste features.
  • New great sounding presets and ExploreMaps for all your existing kits lets you get your drum track sounding great in no time.
  • All Presets now include a MIDI preview to let you hear the preset played as the sound designer imagined. Use it to find inspiration or write all new music. [Helpful, like in EDIROL Hypercanvas]
  • Users can now preview all ADpaks and MIDIpaks (even ones they don’t own) directly from Addictive Drums 2.

• New Beat Transformer lets you tweak any existing rhythm to make it fit into a track and to make it uniquely yours. No more cookie-cutter beats!
  • New Grid Search system lets you quickly find the beat you hear in your head!
  • Improved Beats Browser lets you easily browse beats to find your inspiration.
  • The Record MIDI feature saves time by letting you record MIDI directly from your host software into Addictive Drums 2.
  • The Noise Module adds instant character to your mix with sounds such as vinyl crackle, tape hiss and even the sound of the air-conditioning system from the legendary Fairfax Studio.

I bolded what would interest me, despite the fact I don't own it. So yeah, if I had it I'd update. Edited by timaeus222

I don't know if this will stop being free after a while, but I'm going to share it anyway.

Saw someone share this on my facebook feed. The demo sounds nice, I'll see how well it actually works.

Hysteresis by GlitchMachines. A glitching VST/AU effect. Possibly a more powerful alternative to the dBlue Glitch plugin?

http://www.glitchmachines.com/2014/06/hysteresis-free-plugin/