Email sub file Goldeneye Archives Blaze OC ReMix.mp3 - djp

ReMixer Name - RoeTaKa

Real Name - Alex Roe

Email - roea14@yahoo.co.uk

Website - http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/roetaka/index.html

OC ID - OCR17699

Game ReMixed - Goldeneye 007

Song ReMixed - Archives

Comments - My first mix was instantly rejected, it was a shenmue song that had a place for me but not OC, so I've been doing alot of remixes since then and yet haven't submitted any of them. I thought I'd submit this being actually pleased with it and not having any idea more of what to do with it. It has a industrial/D'n'B percussive feel with overdrive bass, use of padding and strings, piano and some choir. The way I've used them you could say was actually cheesy, but I find James Bond to be cheesy so maybe that all works out. Nothing more to say really other than try and be gentle? Hah. Oh also I want to thank zircon for the input and help he gave me, it worked out best in the end I'd say.

http://www.zophar.net/usf/ge64usf.rar - 111 Archives.miniusf

Whoa, that lead synth that opens things up is kind of abrasive; needs some processing/effects so it doesn't sound so bare as well. It doesn't layer well with the orchestral stabs done during the chorus (1:08-1:15) and with other instruments later on.

Very overcompressed beatwork and the cymbals are WAY over the top and extremely tacky. All that could afford to be significantly toned down. It really gets ridiculous in the long run.

This track's an interesting mishmash of samples as some are fairly good, like the orchestral stabs, strings & piano, while other like the choir vox, percussion, that lousy horn-like thing at 1:51 & the electric bass on lead are weak. Loads of potential here, but if I could take a hatchet to some of the instruments here, I would.

2:44-3:25 just redoes/retreads earlier ideas in the arrangement. Overall, I felt like the sections that contained beatwork were too similar, even though I heard two alternating patterns used from section to section. This would need a little bit more than that to keep things from getting stale. Keep at it, Alex.

NO

That guitar like lead synth didn't sound too nice. Some of the sounds in this are great, others sound really raw and nasty. Nice drum beat, perhaps if the kick was louder the song would have more of an impact - and that's not to say the beat sounds weak because it doesn't.

I like the arrangement, lots of breakdowns and buildups, which works with the James Bondy universe.

This is good now, but not up to the oc bar yet. With some refining of the sounds, bit more kick drum, and a little more work on the mixing, this would be a yes.

NO

Well, now. This really isn't bad at all. From an arrangement perspective, I like a lot of the ideas here. It's very low key in its presentation and original in its utilization of the original. I like some of the guitar parts a lot, especially 2:05. It sounds VERY james bond. and I like that.

However, Larry covered most of my opinions. The drums are decently arranged, but they need some kind of variation and the sample quality is disproportionatly low to the rest of the mix. Properly produced and mixed, a good solid drum track would do wonders for this song. Also, i'm not sure what was done to do the guitar - it sounds too good to be a soundfont. But if there was some kind of strumming patterns in certain sections such as 3:58, I'd be much more pleased with the overall presentation. The whole song is pretty on-beat. I think if dub, low key style is the goal, there should be plenty of syncopation. And what better to do syncopation than a rhythm guitar?

Let's get the sound quality more consistent and the arrangement a bit more interesting, and we'll talk front page status.

For now....

NO

-D

The guitar synth is pretty bad; it's not much worse than the original's, but it's much harder on the ears since it's not as subdued. The sound quality of the Goldeneye soundtrack was typical N64. Anyway, the arrangement here isn't much different aside from an added piano and some builds and dynamics. Use a better lead, write a less spastic drumline.

NO