N/A

I recently made some revisions.

Changes include;

- Reduced bass in the EQ for the orchestra hits (now they don't drown out everything else).

- Redid the sequencing for the guitar heard at 0:17 (now features one less note, making it similar to the transition in the original version of this song).

- Redid the sequencing for the synth transition that is heard at 0:33. Now it is better synced with the orchestra hits.

- Altered the drum pattern for the verse. It no longer mirrors the entire transition drum pattern. I added a few conga hits as well as a tambourine.

- Reduced the bass in the EQ for the bass synth (allows other instruments to come through the mix).

God damn backspace serving as the back button and deleting my text!

Anyways, this is an "ok" mix. A bit short (try for maybe at least 2 minutes), and doesn't sound like it breaks from the source enough. Of course, I have no source to compare it to, so I could be completely wrong. Either way, don't be afraid to add some of your own tracks into the song, as long as its relevant.

The remix as a whole sounds soft. Try pumping up the volume. Don't destroy my ears, but it should only get louder.

I can't wait to hear your revision. This mix is far from ready to be judge-worthy, but the song sounds like it has potential.

^ That means a lot coming from someone with excellent mixes on their own Youtube channel. Thank you for listening to my mix, and for the compliment. Also, your Batman Beyond arrangement is full of win.

Thanks alot!

Listening some more and reading the other comments,

I was listening with headphones and had the volume all the way up.....I didn't realize I had the volume up that high. It is indeed fairly quiet, but that's usually an easy fix.

I find that snare lacking a certain feel to it and I can barely hear the kick. I like the bass tone, it's got a retro vibe to it that I think fits. As the others have said, add in some original parts! The mix is pretty short.

Overall I still think it's great.

Hmmm curious. I had decided to remix the track because it seemed to me that the initial mix was too loud, especially the drums, the orchestra hits and the bass. I started off doing the EQ while wearing my Sennheiser HD 595s. When I listened to the mix through my laptop speakers, then my television speakers, I went back and remixed the track. This time, I used iPod headphones (nice and crappy) so that I could ensure that it would sound better on listening devices with a poor frequency range.

When I posted the video to Youtube, I used the volume control in Windnows Live Movie Maker, to turn the mix down on the song. It was my hope that the track would come through a listener's speakers without deafening them first. I suppose I should have posted the remixed track, without adjusting the volume in WLMM. It would have been louder, but listeners may have an easier time compensating for something that is too loud, rather than too soft.

From your comments, it appears that I still failed to address the issue. Though, on my end, things sound far more balanced and clear, even on my television speakers. So I am not quite sure where to go from there, with regard to the EQ and the loudness. As for the source....

On The Blackbird (Original)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLS2lKjyL8Y

I did follow the track closely. The tempo for my mix is substantially faster so that I could give the track a drum sequence that felt more like a dance song (and thus more energetic). I also changed the timing for the orchestra hits. I play the same notes, but not in the same way. My bass line is mostly faithful, but some parts I played in my own way, rather than using the exact same note progression.

Otherwise, yes, my mix is sufficiently faithful to the original. I suppose it is more of a remix, than an arrangement. I did however leave room at the end (which can be clearly heard at the one minute mark). I am not sure if I want to continue the track by modifying the breakdown from the source, or going off into my own composition.

I will take your commentary into consideration. Hopefully, my next revision will be a bit more promising.