A quick DnB piece

Kruai

• 2 weeks later...

The lead at the beginning sounds a bit dry, could use a touch of reverb maybe or other effects.

The drums that start at the beginning are kind of minimal. The transition to the 4 on the floor pattern is kind of awkward. You probably need more cymbals, not just hi hats, like splashes and rides. Other percussion (shakers, etc) couldn't hurt either. That transition at :45, I'm not sure that's the kind of transition you should use for DnB.

The section at :50 is pretty cool, although the random sound effects are kind of annoying and drive me crazy through the entire song (the pitch bendy things). Like the rest of the song, you need more transitions, more cymbals. I feel like maybe the drums aren't coming out strong enough and giving the song enough energy.

I dunno if it's the slow tempo or what, but the break section sounds pretty lifeless. The piano is pretty neat, but it sounds like it's playing all by itself. It's lonely and needs friends. =P

I like the strings that come in after that. The piano seems too loud and dynamic compared to everything else. The strings could use some more oomph, and of course, so can the drums.

Maybe the most important thing. I don't hear hardly any BASS on this song. DnB is all about the bass lines. You seem to have forgotten to make really huge catchy basslines that drive the track. Your kick might not even be EQ'd right to make enough room for the bass. It sounds more like a Dance/Trance kick to me.

• 1 month later...
The lead at the beginning sounds a bit dry, could use a touch of reverb maybe or other effects.

The drums that start at the beginning are kind of minimal. The transition to the 4 on the floor pattern is kind of awkward. You probably need more cymbals, not just hi hats, like splashes and rides. Other percussion (shakers, etc) couldn't hurt either. That transition at :45, I'm not sure that's the kind of transition you should use for DnB.

The section at :50 is pretty cool, although the random sound effects are kind of annoying and drive me crazy through the entire song (the pitch bendy things). Like the rest of the song, you need more transitions, more cymbals. I feel like maybe the drums aren't coming out strong enough and giving the song enough energy.

I dunno if it's the slow tempo or what, but the break section sounds pretty lifeless. The piano is pretty neat, but it sounds like it's playing all by itself. It's lonely and needs friends. =P

I like the strings that come in after that. The piano seems too loud and dynamic compared to everything else. The strings could use some more oomph, and of course, so can the drums.

Maybe the most important thing. I don't hear hardly any BASS on this song. DnB is all about the bass lines. You seem to have forgotten to make really huge catchy basslines that drive the track. Your kick might not even be EQ'd right to make enough room for the bass. It sounds more like a Dance/Trance kick to me.

Very useful feedback. I do need to look up more about EQ'ing. I am not experienced at all in mastering etc. Even less so than in composition!

Thanks for your help!