OCR00539 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "This Valley Rocks"

orkybash

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 'This Valley Rocks'

Intro makes this song sound like it's gonna be a disappointment, but if you're at all into DnB or Jungle this song does not disappoint. If nothing Else, DJ Pheonix shows us drum work done right - very intricate, and not at all repetitive. The other instruments are nothing special, though nothing horrible, but if you've got any appreciation for DnB at all then download this and listen to what DJ Pheonix can do.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Nice percussion - it IS automated though, but smoothly enough that I only noticed it restarting the loop three times throughout the song. The bass is effective, but also automated. However for both the bass and percussion there are a few breaks throughout the song, each lasting a measure, in which the rythmn switches to something new briefly - then it's back to the same.

Seriously needs some sort of smooth pad, instead of relying on the complex and continuous drum patterns to cover it - hrm, I'm listening to hear whether there is a pad and I just didn't notice it. Nope, the only thing resembling a pad sounds to be resonances from the weird, spacey sound that acts out the melody. Which by the way is extremely repetitive considering that it's volume and piercing quality makes it quite prominent. I'd recommend something smoother for that. For a pad, a quiet ensemble of strings (cellos maybe, or a mix of course) would sound nice, even as the only non-electronica.

The current choice of instruments (that high pitched thing, lack of padding) forces you to pay attention. If it were a bit less arresting, then you could just play it as background and the repitition would not be an issue.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Acid? DnB?

Whatever you want to call it, if you like it fast and hard this isn't a bad track to check out.

The synths leave something to be desired but the good old amen snare will never get old. It's like the staple of beats aggresive. IMO, this track becomes substantial when the bass comes in.

Could've been better but it's not at all bad.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

the intro was the only thing i liked... :?

it sounded like it'd be cool and turn into a heavy rock out of gerudo, but instead i got plucky garbagey noises that poorly emulated the original song (this could all just be my hearing loss mind you, maybe it sounds good to people who can hear low frequency sounds.)

Honestly, is it just my hearing loss, or does this piece stray from the original composition, bordering that it is it's own unique and original piece?

• 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00539 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "This Valley Rocks"