Mega Man 2 "Here We Go Again" WIP

Hey guys! So.. I want to thank you guys a ton for the response on my thread in the Originals forum, I haven't replied back yet but the response I got was great, friendly, and very constructive. Hopefully I can get something similar here :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdEOQfU52RE

This is my first remix, specifically it's of the Mega Man 2 Level Select theme and it.. Didn't make the OCRemix cut, unfortunately. But that's why I'm here, obviously. The main reason was that it's too repetitive, and the quality isn't up to par. So, I'd really like your input here... What can I do to increase the quality? And what, in your opinion, can be done to make it less repetitive?

Thanks a ton!

Ok, this mix is a bit repetitive, but the source is also repetitive, so this presents a challenge. I personally don't have much experience in remixing, but what I would do to kinda take away from the repetitiveness is don't really jump right into the melody. You could use that part from the middle and build off that, then transition into the melody. Again, I'm no expert I'm just giving my two cents. Good luck :D

You can try splitting up the melody in the intro to allude to it instead of fading it in like you do right now. This is an interesting source to remix, because it's not really the most substantial thing in the world. Right now, you're putting too much strain on the main riff(which is, to be fair, the entire source), which makes it really repetitive. If it's used a lot less, this won't feel as repetitive.

Ah, 8-bit goodness. You've got an awesome track and you've turned a 5 second loop into a 2 and a half minute track. As for the repetition, I have no other suggestion other than to add your own melody with the level select theme as the background or take out the main loop at certain random points.