Trancity

eilios

If you were sincerely going for a disturbing type sound, then your melodies are great, though a bit simple (and VERY repetitive).

If you weren't and took that as an insult, try this (and i'm also sowwie). It'll help you contain the somewhat random dissonance of your melodies. You should try writing in diatonic keys before you venture out of them, because the results could be disastrous or just disturbing (if you don't know exactly why you're doing it), which may or may not have been what you were going for. Just trying to help, and if you already know keys, please don't take offense from this advice. :nicework:

Production: Your elements don't mesh very well. Your synths sound very big and dry, and they also sound like untweaked synth presets. The drums are really recognizable as generic techno drum kit, so if you want something that sounds a little more original or non generic, you should listen to other breakbeat artists like zircon and analyze their drum sounds. You'll begin to hear it has a modified acoustic drum ring to it, because they're individual acoustic hits that went through lots of effects, possibly before it even reached the artists. Also, LOOPS ARE YOUR FRIEND.

No, don't use drum loops as drum beats, I mean use a slicer plug in to automatically assign each hit in a drum loop to a key in the piano roll, and make your own beats. Layer, compress, -insert other fx you want-, enjoy. :D

If you were sincerely going for a disturbing type sound, then your melodies are great, though a bit simple (and VERY repetitive).

Thank you - you were the first person who noticed that!

Production: Your elements don't mesh very well. Your synths sound very big and dry, and they also sound like untweaked synth presets.

Yeah, I need to get better at synth programming. They're not untweaked synth presets, though.

The drums are really recognizable as generic techno drum kit, so if you want something that sounds a little more original or non generic, you should listen to other breakbeat artists like zircon and analyze their drum sounds. You'll begin to hear it has a modified acoustic drum ring to it, because they're individual acoustic hits that went through lots of effects, possibly before it even reached the artists.

And this is new to me. I never really knew my percussion samples weren't that great, and though I'm not exactly a breakbeat artist, I will keep it in mind. If you have any recommendations, I would very much appreciate them.

Also, LOOPS ARE YOUR FRIEND.

No, don't use drum loops as drum beats, I mean use a slicer plug in to automatically assign each hit in a drum loop to a key in the piano roll, and make your own beats. Layer, compress, -insert other fx you want-, enjoy. :D

Alright. I'll keep that in mind.