OCR02207 - Final Fantasy V "Dragon Wings"

djpretzel

Wow,being new to OCremix probably makes my opinion a little low but i gotta say i am impressed. I come here quite often but the skill shown in the music always amazes me. two thumbs up good job. i really like the intro, gives a dramatic movie intro feeling if you know what i mean.

Sweetness, Archangel is up and running.

I remember this track (as well as the Prelude track that was rejected... *sigh* shame it was too conservative) from back in the WIP forums. It was epic then, and it's epic now. I've seen all the things you're involved in, and I can't wait to hear all of it.

Great work, man.

Edited by Gario

This is absolutely fantastic. This is brimming with creativity and never feels like the kind of "stale" orchestral mix that's admittedly turned me off from the genre as a whole lately. The inclusion of some unique instruments as well as some unique passages (the break at 1:55 and then the ridiculous piano section that follows come to mind) really set this apart for me, on top of the fantastic production and samples. Then the choir section hits at 3:50 and it's just superlative. I've got nothing but good things to say about this!! :-D

Plus, great choices of source themes here. The genre adaptation is perfect.

Jaka's definitely going to be making a name for himself in the community soon, he's got a song on the DK3 project that's gonna blow you all away (albeit in a totally different way from this one ;-) ) and I'm sure the same can be said for his contributions to other projects ;-)

tl;dr: YAAAAAYYYYYY GET THIS REMIX!

Edited by Emunator

Once again Archangel is found guilty in a court of "awe". Amazing orchestration, the writing and transitions are expertly done. A lot of people are mentioning your work on DKC3 (which somehow i haven't heard) but your work for the upcoming FF9 project is simply amazing. And yes, your Prelude was pretty sweet if a little conservative. Much love bro

Very impressive indeed! This arrangment excites me when I listen to it which says a lot about the production quality as I'm a stickler on that. I love the pallette of instruments you used in this piece and how you integrated them, mixed them, etc. I also liked the use of EWQL Symphonic Choir in regards to the childrens chorus at the end. There were a couple moments when I could tell the strings weren't real but they're not, it's a sample library. I'm sure if you listen to my work you'd say the same thing. Again very impressive work, I look forward to your future contributions to OCREMIX and/or in general.

-Derek Oren-

Edited by derako

Oh my god...

I'm really feeling this song!

Everything is just perfect. Absolutely everything.

I'm a sucker for Orchestral arrangements, but this takes the cake as best song I've heard in the passed year. You Sir, are amazing, and I hope to see a lot more of you and your remixes in the near future.

You really bring out the color of this melody.

The chords you had play trigger many a memory.

At the end I wish there was even more,

but perhaps I'll just have to wait and see what you have in store.

I am no expert in orchestration, but I enjoy classical music as much as anyone who rotates their Beethoven and Händel CDs once in a while. So I am very proud and happy to say that your remix gave me major goosebumps. And finally at 1:29 I had a tear in my eye. I might be a sensitive wuss in this regard, but I honestly have to say this thing is exceptionally beautiful. Thank you very much for sharing this great piece of music with us, good sir. I hope we will see much more from you in the future.

• 1 month later...

At first, I thought "This sounds like some JRPG from the 90s".

Then, "Mhm, definitely 16bit/early 32bit era".

Finally, I remembered which game the source is from, and went "Durrrrrrrrr".

Awesome, awesome remix. Love the instrumention, especially everything between 1:00 and 2:00. The choir is friggin' sweet, too.

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

• 5 months later...

Damn, this mix was posted right after I left for boot camp? How mean :whatevaa: .

This is a killer take on it - I was already familiar with Archangel's work, but I had not heard this until now. It impressed me immediately with its lush soundscape. It is unique in how strong it comes through while not truly pushing itself to a huge climax. It shows a nuance in arranging with a small orchestra. The latter end of the song isn't as wowing as how it starts IMO - I would've liked to see more of that woodland instrument (what was it?).

I still enjoyed this immensely and it makes me excited to hear more :) .

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Beautiful. Loving the majestic feeling of flying through the skies in this (that's what I feel anyway). It's always cool to hear orchestral music that seems to enhance everything that the originals had in them. Much respect on this one.

• 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02207 - Final Fantasy V "Dragon Wings"