Worst game sequel

Super Smash Bros Brawl.

Loose-feeling game mechanics,

Slower gameplay,

Level Design was so gimmicky that it was distracting from the actual fight.

Characters strengths and weaknesses were lessened to make it "balanced" making every character practically the same. an exaggeration but compared to it's prequel, justified.

Super Smash Brothers (N64) started off strong. unique gameplay with tight controls

Super Smash Bros Melee (GCN) improved on the original, tightening up the controls, adding new moves while speeding up the gameplay and keeping the responsive feel. new maps. the only complaint is the exploits (L-dashing, ect.)

Super Smash Bros Brawl (Wii) new system, better hardware. i was expecting even smoother, faster pacing, but nope. I get a dumbed down version that lacks the variety that the previous game had. the only thing I found to be a plus is that exploits and cheats were really nowhere to be found.

I don't give a crap if the battle system was good. It incorporated a fucking dress-up system.

And the 'girl-power' shit isn't the issue. The issue is that they took one of the few FF games with a finite and concluded (albeit sad) ending, and ruined it with a totally unnecessary sequel that shat all over the entire lore of the first game.

I can't argue on the reversal of FFX's tragic ending, but in all fairness, that was only the "perfect" ending. Didn't get it on my initial playthrough and looked it up online, instead, and tried to convince myself it wasn't canon.

That aside, as mentioned, the Dress Sphere system was essentially your old "job" system with a fancy new name. All in all, people tend to like Chrono Trigger's battle system. People tend to like job systems in RPGs. Look past its makeup, and X-2 is pretty fulfilling.

It's like people whining about the Materia system in FFVII, when that's just the Job system in a new light.

Also, I've owned Yoshi's Island DS twice. Both times it was a gift. And it sucked both times. I mean, crappy music, not as awesome graphics, horrible level design, stupid mini games, and only 5 worlds?!? What a waste of time.

The only slightly cool thing about it is if you look at the fact that Artoon helped make it, and unless I'm mistaken that was founded by Yuji Naka or something, so the whole SONIC CREATOR MAKES MARIO GAME aspect is cool, but not really. The shitty quality of the game kinda destroys anything that fact might have had going for it.

Super Smash Bros Brawl (Wii) new system, better hardware. i was expecting even smoother, faster pacing, but nope. I get a dumbed down version that lacks the variety that the previous game had. the only thing I found to be a plus is that exploits and cheats were really nowhere to be found.

You forgot to mention tripping. So, so lame. Whatever dolt thought up that idea needs to get as far away from designing video games as humanly possible and stay there for two eternities.

smash bros melee is for you and your "hardcore" friends to play final destination with no items until you want to kill each other because of the shit talking and weird social hierarchy that arises from establishing manly video game dominance over one another

smash bros brawl is for having fun

While I understand why you would say that, but merely disliking a game does not make me fit into your small-minded social grouping.

Smash Bro's Melee is for me and my friends to play 90% of the maps with items on and of course, "having fun"

brawl is an inferior game compared to it's predecessor. I believe I stated clearly on what grounds. being "Hardcore", Casual, or any other arbitrary terms you'd like to use has nothing to do with it.

smash bros melee is for you and your "hardcore" friends to play final destination with no items until you want to kill each other because of the shit talking and weird social hierarchy that arises from establishing manly video game dominance over one another

this made me laugh because i have a whole group of friends exactly like what you described

While I understand why you would say that, but merely disliking a game does not make me fit into your small-minded social grouping.

Smash Bro's Melee is for me and my friends to play 90% of the maps with items on and of course, "having fun"

brawl is an inferior game compared to it's predecessor. I believe I stated clearly on what grounds. being "Hardcore", Casual, or any other arbitrary terms you'd like to use has nothing to do with it.

oh I didn't realize I was talking to the captain of the pretentious debate team

my apologies! feel free to continue stepping on my nuts for as long as you like

it is an honor

See but it's hard to have fun when the levels are so fucking poorly designed, and the characters are either wildly over-powered, or incredibly nerfed in comparison to melee, where everyone at least has a fair shot at winning.

Plus everyone moves like a tank and is as floaty as hell which is shoehorned in to emphasize the new air combat which also sucks dick.

I've come to despise Brawl and all of its imperfections the more my friends want to play it, when I have to deal with everything that is just WRONG about Brawl. What, was wave-dashing so bad that they had to remove it and replace it with chain-grabbing and Assist Trophies and Final Smashes?

Brawl is fun for dicking around every now and then, and I love playing as DeDeDe, but if you actually want to have FUN in a FIGHTING game, play Melee, because it's actually a competent game, instead of the fanservice-but-shittily-designed-brawl wankfest. Where you know, the game is not decided by who can get the fucking right item first, ALL of the time.

And yes I will step over your nuts each day until you admit my rightitude.

Brawl really isn't such a bad game. The problem is, it just makes you want to play Melee. Even if you have already played Melee to the bone, it just makes you want to play it instead.

Basically yeah, as a successor it really isn't an improvement. What makes it worse is that it easily could have been. The structure and mechanics were already there. All they needed to do is add graphics, some stages, a few characters and viola; a perfect sequel.