OCR01306 - Final Fantasy VII "Ascension to Cosmo Canyon"

djpretzel

Quite literally my only wish is that it was longer, so that I wouldn't have to keep hitting replay :) This is one of the 3 songs out of all of oc remix (yes I've nearly listend to them all) That can bring out emotions so perfectly and clearly. One of three that can make me cry because of the beauty created.

Thank you Reuben Kee :) You've created something truly beautiful to share with the world. :) Thank you

Hi, I am new to posting but I am not new to OcRemix.

This song is great and it is the first song that has compelled me to post.

I would like a lot more songs like these in my playlist, they do not necessarily have to be from video games.

Orchestrated, with piano or flute solos. Native American theme. I do not really know how to describe it, nor search for similar music.

I've tried for the past two days to find music like this, with almost no results.

Does anyone know music similar to the themes in this song?

Thanks in advance.

I'm not entirelly new to this site i've known of it's existence for a while and haven't really had the need to register and post until now all in all this is a great song that had a wonderful beat and tune almost made me forget i was laid off lol. Anyways i want to thank you five years later for such a kickass song.

• 1 year later...

Wow, I can't believe I haven't done a review for this track already. Time to fix that.

While Reuben's solo piano pieces are definitely excellent in and of themselves, I am eternally grateful that he chose to depart from that route for this piece; while the piano intro is hauntingly beautiful, the track doesn't really take off until that deep "hoom" around the 1:30 mark... at which point it goes from being a great track to an exceptional one. The gradual addition and blending of percussion, woodwinds, and other sounds builds perfectly toward the "cliff" overlooking Cosmo Canyon, and I always get a chill at 2:26 and then, again, at 3:13 when that final "step" up occurs. An almost perfect handling of the gradual build; the only thing I would've suggested would be to maybe build one more step even beyond that, or at least lengthen the end section, because I'm left wanting more, more, more of all of the sounds playing together at the end - it ends too soon.

Easily in my top ten of all time OCRemixes. To quote WannaPolkaLlama,

Thank you Reuben Kee :) You've created something truly beautiful to share with the world. :) Thank you

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01306 - Final Fantasy VII "Ascension to Cosmo Canyon"