Easy-to-make video game costume for a 4-week-old

Kanthos

So, I'm thinking of going to the midnight launch at the EB Games store where I pre-ordered the 3DS, mostly for the novelty of taking my son to it just for fun. Then, I was thinking it'd be fun to put him in some kind of video-game-related costume. I don't want to put too much effort into it or spend anything on it. He'll be in his carseat anyway, so it can't be all that complicated.

I'm thinking something like a red t-shirt or onesie and red baseball cap, put a yellow star on the shirt and call him Diddy Kong, something of that nature. Too bad we don't have any red clothes that are anywhere near his size.

Any ideas?

Put little dangly arms and legs on the Carseat, cover up all but the kids head, and give him a crown.

He is now MODOK!

The Mini Organism Designed Only for Kidding-Around.

Or if you are super lazy, but still have a crown, put the crown on the kid and he is now Beowulf in 3D. Or get a Mighty Ducks Jersey, an aviator cap and goggles, and viola! Emilio Ehrheart.

If we had a coloured ball cap, I'd either go with the Diddy Kong outfit or put a blanket on him like a cape, put an M or L on the hat, and call him Baby Mario or Baby Luigi (of course he'd have to be wearing a bit more than just a diaper; it is Canada after all).

What I think I might actually go with, is he's got a sleeper with monkeys on it and a monkey hat (the main part of the hat is a face, with monkey ears sticking out). I'll make him a tie out of red construction paper and he can be Donkey Kong.