Distorted Guitar EQing

Does anyone know of any sites or have presets for EQing guitar? I'm trying to get a good sound out of my guitar. I'm using the following plugins on guitar input mixer track:

• Nick Crow Wagner Mk2 Sharp (Drive 10, Bass 10, Mid 5, Treble, 5, Power Amp 5, Master 5)
  • keFIR (mono) with Mesa Boogie Studio 22 331 Edge 48s.wav (Mix 100%, Gain -35.6dB, Length 0.05 sec/6%)
  • Fruity Parametric EQ2

I have no idea how to set the Fruity Parametric EQ2 to get a good distorted sound out of my guitar. It often sounds like it's far away. Ideally, I want it to sound like Sixto's "The Path to Glory ~Theme of Bartz~" guitar.

Also, is it better to record it flat then EQ the recorded guitar? Or should I keep the EQ plugin on the guitar input mixer track?

Much appreciated!

Yea, that's the muddiness area right, around 250-800Hz? When I listen to the recorded guitar, it sounds like it's not playing along well with the rest of the track, as in it's not blending. I think part of it is that it sounds like it's distant and I'm trying to get it to sound like the guitar is closer to the listener without having it sound too loud.

You also need to pan right and left.

Make the first one 75% left, make the second 75% right.

Who says there should only be 2, even? All of the rock musicians in the community I know of (save for M-H) use 4 rhythm guitar tracks, and where they're panned differs among people as well. I like to have two 80% left and two 80% right. Some have one 100% left, one 50% left, one 50% right, and one 100% right, like Nekofrog.

If 2 works for you like it does for M-H, then go for it, but I've always had much better results using 4. Here's a little demonstration of my tone. Pardon the horribly off-key leads.

http://tindeck.com/listen/knrb

EDIT: I apply the same EQ to all 4 of my tracks but try it out and see how it works for you.

Who says there should only be 2, even? All of the rock musicians in the community I know of (save for M-H) use 4 rhythm guitar tracks, and where they're panned differs among people as well. I like to have two 80% left and two 80% right. Some have one 100% left, one 50% left, one 50% right, and one 100% right, like Nekofrog.

If 2 works for you like it does for M-H, then go for it, but I've always had much better results using 4. Here's a little demonstration of my tone. Pardon the horribly off-key leads.

http://tindeck.com/listen/knrb

EDIT: I apply the same EQ to all 4 of my tracks but try it out and see how it works for you.

Almost all of the rock musicians I know on this site use 2 except for Nekofrog. :P

I would do 4, if my computer could handle 4 :D .. most of the time, since I use a lot of layering and VST in my music, most of the RAM and CPU power is already being used up. If I tried adding 1 or 2 more tracks for guitar, My computer would crash, xD.

I have 2 guitar, panned 90% L/R for rhythm. For my EQ, I have recently just been cutting <100Hz on rhythm and leads. Also, to make things more interesting, I sometimes have 2 Leads, panned 20-30 L/R. I have one done that with one track.

• 2 months later...
I've always used two, panned 100% L/R. If you play them tight enough there's no need for more.

I can see the benefit of doing 4 for super heavy metal, but for anything else I spend the time getting two tracks perfect.

I'm going to bump this several months late because this is the first time I've read this (NO I DIDN'T DO A SEARCH OF MY USERNAME TO SEE WHO'S POSTED ABOUT ME IN THE LAST FEW MONTHS TO STROKE MY EGO SHUT UP LEAVE ME ALONE)

I have only ever had two tracks 100%L/R work for me. I don't know what mix of alchemy and chicanary I used but it worked that one time and never again. I just prefer 4 good, solid takes of VERY LOW GAIN GUITARS (talking almost clean, only a little bit of distortion) to make a huge sound. You wouldn't think low gain could = huge gain, but it works.

And I don't use compression/EQ in any post stuff, so it's direct in.