Final Fantasy: Distant Worlds concert (NYC April 1-2)

Moguta

It's been a couple years since an official Final Fantasy concert has been around the East/NE coast. Or at least since OCRers have been to one. Just noticed that Distant Worlds is landing next week up in NYC (April 1-2). Anyone planning to taste the symphonic deliciousness in person? Know I'm gonna try.

Bumping this ish. This is happening tomorrow. Who's going?

This will be my second, and about goddamn time they came to NYC. I flew to Chicago last time to do the meet and greet with Nobuo and it was still completely worth it.

So uh, what's ya'll favorite final fantasy anyway? tsk tsk

I'M GOING!

*cricket chirps*

And @Equinox

As far as music is concerned, I'm halfway between V and VII. I like VI, too, but not as much as those two. V has great melodies, yet VII's pieces evoke such dark emotion. And, even if overrated, the battle theme/boss theme/One Winged Angel ARE impressive compositions. However, V has a lot of stuff that's very catchy. The game is engaging and has true RPG elements (in other words, job system = epic win), while VII is more of a guided cinematic with RPG elements like levels and weapon/materia choice. (and horrifying PSX graphics) The story is deep though, so I just can't make a choice. :P

I'M GOING!

*cricket chirps*

And @Equinox

As far as music is concerned, I'm halfway between V and VII. I like VI, too, but not as much as those two. V has great melodies, yet VII's pieces evoke such dark emotion. And, even if overrated, the battle theme/boss theme/One Winged Angel ARE impressive compositions. However, V has a lot of stuff that's very catchy. The game is engaging and has true RPG elements (in other words, job system = epic win), while VII is more of a guided cinematic with RPG elements like levels and weapon/materia choice. (and horrifying PSX graphics) The story is deep though, so I just can't make a choice. :P

Haha, awesome.

I was kidding bud, I ask the favorite final fantasy question as an age old joke from the OCR's golden era. But glad you're going, it's going to be a blast.

It's been a couple years since an official Final Fantasy concert has been around the East/NE coast.

Yes and no, Distant Worlds was in Toronto last November, if Canada doesn't count then so be it I guess, but it was a great concert nonetheless! I'm not sure if anyone else from OCR was at that one, though I know we had at least a couple in Vancouver about 2 years ago.

I've been to 2 of these myself, Vancouver and Toronto, and they were both awesome while having some overlap and also some completely different songs in each show. If you're an FF music fan you should try to find your way into one of these eventually, it's really a great experience. Seeing Nobuo Uematsu, even if just from your seats is really something else!

Having been so recently, this particular one isn't on my list but I hope everyone heading to NY enjoys themselves, and if anyone who goes wants to do a mini-writeup or at least recount the tracklist for us afterward, that would be cool!