My computer hates Winamp

LuketheXjesse

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is on a permanent 50% volume that I can't adjust (the volume bar is at 100%). It didn't use to be like that, but I hit a wrong key one day and suddenly it decided that 50% was the way to go.

Already deleted my plugins and reinstalled them, uninstalled Winamp and all that jazz and yet it still does the same thing. Any suggestions, while we're on the topic of Winamp?

The strangest part about it all is that it DID work at 100% volume for a couple of weeks, then it just... stopped working correctly.

What is your main windows speaker volume set to? It could have mapped itself to equal that at all times.

As you say you uninstalled and removed it all, but did you also make sure to clear registry files and the like when removing it? Probably easiest fix.

Would probably need to see screens of the problem and plugins/settings.

• 1 month later...

Pretty boss wallpaper though B)

I never use Winamp actually as I have several music players on my PC already. I used to, but after several pc crashes over the years I ended up just using Windows Media Player, iTunes or Quicktime for music files while still using good ol' Meridian Advance for NSF, SPC, GYM and GBS files.

PS Sorry, didn't know this was an old thread, just wanted to comment on the wp :P