Koume & Kotake - [OoT Remix]

I've decided to give this site/forum another chance. I know I'll never make the approval of the judges because they are SUPER biased, and there's no chance they'll ever let push-the-limit mixers like me into their circle. Screw waiting for 3 months just to have your mix rejected for some stupid, meaningless reason. FAIL.

But enough complaining about stupid people; I've come here to share my music with people who appreciate it. Fellow mixers who read posts like this and search for the good remixes of songs they love without bias or particular favor to one style of mix.

I present: Koume & Kotake. A favorite of mine from Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

[Link Removed]

Enjoy.

OR

Tear it apart like the douchebags you are who can't appreciate the good stuff when it slaps you across the face. ****ing elitists.

And no, I'm not trying to troll, I'm trying to make a point, and share my music with people who appreciate it for what it is.

-M.

Hmm...

Well, I'm too recent to even know you, but I'll admit you're really putting yourself out their to get smashed by others with a returning post like this. I also disagree with the OC acceptance judging and criteria and have my reasons for it. I'd be more interested in hearing your reasons over general, personal attacks on their "doucheyness".

Concerning your remix here, I'm happy to see it stick closely to the original melody (I dislike the addition of original segments) and I greatly like this theme chosen. However, your song just doesn't seem finished. This sounds like a good basing for a more dynamic remix more so than a finished song. It's like designing a video game with no music or sound: It's lacking luster and you can do more with this to make it something more enjoyable.

-Shrugs-

I'm being honest. I'm curious as to exactly why you disagree with OC. Perhaps you an I will have some common ground in some of our views. Take my feedback the way you want. Just know that art in any form is never perfect, but abandoned. You'll never please everybody, but so long as you're pleasing enough, you don't need to be concerned with the views of your critics.

Inb4lock lol.

But seriously, I think you have the judges and the site all wrong. I see no reason for them to be "elitist" or "biased". I can understand that it would be frustrating to wait a long time for your remix to be rejected, but use that as motivation to improve your skills and make even better music.

What reasons did they give for it not being accepted?

I've decided to give this site/forum another chance. I know I'll never make the approval of the judges because they are SUPER biased, and there's no chance they'll ever let push-the-limit mixers like me into their circle. Screw waiting for 3 months just to have your mix rejected for some stupid, meaningless reason. FAIL.

But enough complaining about stupid people; I've come here to share my music with people who appreciate it. Fellow mixers who read posts like this and search for the good remixes of songs they love without bias or particular favor to one style of mix.

I present: Koume & Kotake. A favorite of mine from Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

http://tindeck.com/listen/pevn

Enjoy.

OR

Tear it apart like the douchebags you are who can't appreciate the good stuff when it slaps you across the face. ****ing elitists.

And no, I'm not trying to troll, I'm trying to make a point, and share my music with people who appreciate it for what it is.

-M.

Thats quite a sad and narrow view of OCR :(

Calling us "douchebags" and "****ing elitists" and expecting us to listen to your music afterwards isn't a good way to present yourself. I'm inclined to just not bother listening to it because you're showing 0 respect for a site that frankly, only wants to see you improve as an artist. If you can't take constructive criticism, or appreciate that your music doesn't fit the standards (which doesn't mean its bad by any means) then don't take offense at the fact.

Regarding the 3 month wait, thats because OCR gets ALOT of submissions, and there is a waiting list. Please don't bash ocremix because your mix doesn't get on the site, or because of impatience, its distasteful, and disrespectful.

Now for your remix - Its actually very good. I enjoyed it. A little heavy on the compression but very good production overall. The arrangement wouldn't make it on ocr (Its boarderlining on source usuage from what I can tell, and you need more variation on your mix overall) however, the remix is good stuff, would sound great in a club I expect.

Thats quite a sad and narrow view of OCR :(

Calling us "douchebags" and "****ing elitists" and expecting us to listen to your music afterwards isn't a good way to present yourself. I'm inclined to just not bother listening to it because you're showing 0 respect for a site that frankly, only wants to see you improve as an artist. If you can't take constructive criticism, or appreciate that your music doesn't fit the standards (which doesn't mean its bad by any means) then don't take offense at the fact.

Regarding the 3 month wait, thats because OCR gets ALOT of submissions, and there is a waiting list. Please don't bash ocremix because your mix doesn't get on the site, or because of impatience, its distasteful, and disrespectful.

Now for your remix - Its actually very good. I enjoyed it. A little heavy on the compression but very good production overall. The arrangement wouldn't make it on ocr (Its boarderlining on source usuage from what I can tell, and you need more variation on your mix overall) however, the remix is good stuff, would sound great in a club I expect.

What he said. Exactly how I feel.