Remixing Crazy Bus.

Matt E. Waldman

Okay, so one of my friends just touted the brilliant idea of remixing this work of art.

Now, I've tried looking up information about this "game". Seems it was written a few years back for the Genesis/Mega Drive, so I highly doubt it was a commercial release. (Probably for a romhacking/coding competition?)

With that in mind, would it be totally legal to write an arrangement for this and submit to OCReMix? (as /crazy/ as it would be)

CAN IT BE DONE

That's a crazy idea. Crazy like a bus.

Ok, I saw the Kikoskia video a couple months ago. The melody is generated using a random or otherwise chaotic function. You can duplicate this on a synthesizer by modulating the frequency of a couple oscillators with sample & hold.

I'm not quite sure how one could make a passable remix of Crazy Bus for OCR but I'm sure OLR would be happy to have one. For that matter, if you're remixing generative music, do you remix the algorithm or its output?

cheers.

O rly? I'll have to reupload at some point for you hipkids.

Do ittttt.

Also, I've started playing around with arranging the beautiful title track. I may post it in the workshop forum soon. Right now, it's sounding like a dark, cinematic industrial piece.

I may even submit it to the judge panel for laughs and to see if it actually goes through.

Please don't think this was serious.

Yeah. That's what makes your remix disappointing.

Taking an unusual piece and giving it ordinary music elements (drums, guitar riffs, cliché stutter fx) actually makes it less interesting. Taking an unintentionally amusing piece and making it deliberately zany with Speak & Spell and other random voices actually makes it less funny.

It's weird saying it, but, I prefer the original.

Yeah. That's what makes your remix disappointing.

Taking an unusual piece and giving it ordinary music elements (drums, guitar riffs, cliché stutter fx) actually makes it less interesting. Taking an unintentionally amusing piece and making it deliberately zany with Speak & Spell and other random voices actually makes it less funny.

It's weird saying it, but, I prefer the original.

What pleased me is you identified the Speak & Spell voices.

On the flipside it was actually very funny to make.