Reaktor 5 for dummies.

LuIzA

So I bought Komplete 7 about 6 months ago. I'd never gotten the chance to fool around with reaktor, until I decided to use it and, presumably learn it, for my current project in my job. I don't have a lot of experience with eletronica, but even though I can manage with other synths (barely), I soon realized I was in way over my head. I ended up deleting all my reaktor instances and replacing them with other synths. I'm using sonar X1 on win7 64bit, so I don't know how much of my fail was sonar or whatever being buggy, still....

Please, kind Reaktor using souls, could you find it in your heart to give this dummy some sort of crash course? I'm not looking for how to build synths from scratch and what not, I'm aware there are such tutorials elsewhere. But nowhere could I find simple how-tos, as the manuals aren't as objective as I hoped (like "to do this, do this").

So.... Pretty please ?

Well, I wanna... use it.

For instance, last night, I was trying to use it as a bass synth with lazerbass, I wanted to use a certain snapshot, I couldn't for the life of me get that snapshot to stay selected when I pushed play in my host. I also couldn't use Rhythmaker without its sequencer, as everytime I deleted it, midi notes wouldn't play. I'd make modifications to a snapshot, save it with the Append button, next time I opened reaktor, it wasn't there. Then with the gobox, I can't audition samples or switch them. That was all in one night, I'm sure there'd be more issues.

And then there's Newskool, what the HELL is that?

Hey Luiza try to not to get frustrated with Reaktor. It has a pretty high learning curve and will take awhile to get used to. I don't know of any good resources off the top of my head, but the manual for it is pretty comprehensive. If you really want to explore the guts of Reaktor and develop custom pieces it necessary to learn about synthesis on a much deeper level. if you just want to use it as a host for its synthesizers just look at as such. Many of the synths in Reaktor are geared for crazy avant-garde type of sound design. It is a great tool to use to generate extremely unique results.

I'm just going to make the suggestion that if you're barely managing with the other synths, then you should probably hold off on trying to figure out Reaktor. Reaktor's a beast, and making your own synths is a bit different of a story than using them

I'm aware of that. but not only that doesn't help, but I mentioned in my posts that I'm not yet interested in making my own synths, I'm interested in being able to use what reaktor already has to offer better. Then maybe I'll start making my own, for now, that's not the case.

Well, what are you asking about, then? If you're using Reaktor to just use preset ensembles instead of making new ensembles, then you're going to be better off just using other synths that came in Komplete, like Absynth, FM8, or Massive.

you didn't read the thread, did you? This:

Well, I wanna... use it.

For instance, last night, I was trying to use it as a bass synth with lazerbass, I wanted to use a certain snapshot, I couldn't for the life of me get that snapshot to stay selected when I pushed play in my host. I also couldn't use Rhythmaker without its sequencer, as everytime I deleted it, midi notes wouldn't play. I'd make modifications to a snapshot, save it with the Append button, next time I opened reaktor, it wasn't there. Then with the gobox, I can't audition samples or switch them. That was all in one night, I'm sure there'd be more issues.

And then there's Newskool, what the HELL is that?