Guitar Rig Latency

I've been testing out Guitar Rig 4 since it came free with Sonar X1 Producer. I'm liking the sound and tone I can get, but I'm having some latency when using it.

The latency is only when I'm trying to record, not while playing back.

I've tried reducing the sample buffers and all the regular latency reducing tricks, but guitar rig always seems to have that inherent latency. Is this something everyone experiences?

What I've been forced to do is record it clean, then activate guitar rig after and mess with the settings. Is this how it's supposed to be done?

I've been testing out Guitar Rig 4 since it came free with Sonar X1 Producer. I'm liking the sound and tone I can get, but I'm having some latency when using it.

The latency is only when I'm trying to record, not while playing back.

I've tried reducing the sample buffers and all the regular latency reducing tricks, but guitar rig always seems to have that inherent latency. Is this something everyone experiences?

What I've been forced to do is record it clean, then activate guitar rig after and mess with the settings. Is this how it's supposed to be done?

What sound card are you using? Latency lies there, not in Guitar Rig 4 Pro. I only say this because I've never experienced latency increased by GR4 itself. :/

• 2 weeks later...
I've been testing out Guitar Rig 4 since it came free with Sonar X1 Producer.

:tomatoface::tomatoface::tomatoface::tomatoface::tomatoface::tomatoface::tomatoface::tomatoface::tomatoface::tomatoface::

a bunch of tomato faces just to get your attention with X1.

I too have recently upgraded to X1 and for a while and I've had a crap load of latency issues so far. For a while I couldn't record more than 2 MIDI tracks (soft synths) without getting clicks and pops.

I played around with the buffers and using different drivers, but eventually I had to just upload to X1A (and of course all the later updates/fixes). Guitar Rig works PERFECTLY now for me (and I use my ASIO driver by the way).

Depending on your computer, I'd say you should see if your processors(s) work fine with the ASIO driver because X1 seems to run best at that, but otherwise you might be another one of the plethora of X1 victims who just need to download the quick fixes and updates.

Guitar Rig shouldn't affect latency in the way that you're describing.