At Arms with Stahl(Killzone 3- Stahl Arms Remix)

Seihi

I love the trem strings in the begining, the percs sound like they ned pulling forward a bit maybe, could you also link the source? I'd love to see what inspired this!

Oh, maybe top up a LITTLE on the reverb, it all seem t just cut out a little short for me :<

yeah here is the orig

Link:

I was inspired to pull out the more classic sounds of this piece, and tried to build up a with some more tension that i felt the source kinda lacked, and even playing through the game it just faded into the back ground.

as far as the tweeks go, I appriciate the comments, this really is my first remix, and so far my only critiques have come from my wife, and the sound designer at Flying Lab Software,

There is a lot i'd like to add to this piece, I'd like to lengthen it, and build the suspense, but i'm really happy with the over all feel so far, so yeah n.n'

• 1 month later...

Well, its been a while since an update, sadly I ran out of time on the contest, and had to submit what I had. There are plenty of things i'd like to do to work on this one quite a bit more, but I'll save it for another time.

all in all for my first attempt at a remix I feel ok, I know I can do more next time around, but I feel ok, so I'll keep rockin, and see what i can pull of next time.

as far as my last attempt for the Killzone contest its up here http://tindeck.com/listen/mwlg

Oh wow! For a first attempt at remixing, and going for an orchestral tune, this is just delicious \@/

Excellent dynamics, pretty good articulations, wonderful sequencing. My problems are only the volume (quite low) and the almost absent low-end on the most part of the track. Also, the part where the trumpets play sound a bit weak for my tastes, but it could be me.

And it's been quite some time you've been waiting for comments, huh? :P

Heh, comments are always nice, I think at least, its great to hear others opinions, helps one grow, and improve. Thank you kindly for the comments! It was a fun project to start up and I look forward to having some time to do some other remixes, but before I do I'll be replacing my monitors, had one die recently hah!

And as always ya gotta love life, been busy, it gets hard to keep track of all teh interwebz,!