OCR00582 - Final Fantasy VI "Morning After (Hangover)"

orkybash

Final Fantasy VI 'Morning After (Hangover)'

Hah! I knew you couldn't abstain from FF forever, Pretzel! It's somehow appropriate that he chose his landmark 50th remix to do it, though. And, djp may have broke his abstinence from FF, but at least he chose an original song to do it with, namely the world of ruin town theme from FF6 - no preludes here! :D But I digress - what we have here is a great technofunk rendition of a lesser known FF theme, that I literally looped for about 50 times when I first heard it. Honestly, the only thing that needs work is the ending - the rest is spot on. Thanks to djp for this remix and for the 49 other great ones.

• 2 months later...

Very, very good stuff from everybody's favorite webmaster/remixer. No lack of energy or originality, and a nice increased tempo. Sweet electronic strings and very, very grooving flute (of some sort). I actually like the ending, as well. You've probably downloaded it already, but for those of you who haven't, do it. I've looped this one many, many times. One of djp's best tracks.

• 7 months later...

This song was awesome,almost could be considered god sent. Who remixes no name songs like that? Well dj Pretzel does. And he makes it sound just as good as any song from the title screen. Awesome work. Can some one do rygar right? anyone or More importantly river city ransom right. DJ PRETZEL CAN!!!

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Wait.. what?

This remix doesn't have more reviews?

This is one of my favorite OCRemixes ever. Not kidding.

since I'm an FF fanboy I listened to the FF-remixes first and this one just jumped at me. Great resonant bass, sweet lead and nice synths all around. I like how the flute lead fits in such an electronic track.

The breakdown with the really high lead adds some dynamic to the track structure too.

Awesome.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The energy here is amazing. With the frenetic pacing, heavy backbeat, and mini-explosions of synth awesomeness (1:03, 2:20), I can't help but rock out. There's an understated intensity throughout, which is in no small part thanks to the ethereal quality of the pan flute that perfectly offsets the in-your-face synths. And the balance between each of the sections as well as the instrumental layering nicely tie everything together. Quality all-around.

This is one of those remixes that I can't listen to the source tune without immediately having to listen to the remix afterward. It isn't in the same spirit as the original, since it replaces the depression and foreboding with ardor and enthusiasm, but djp makes it works for good and for awesome. Unless you have a hangover... then this might hurt.

• 2 months later...

Criminal lack of reviews! Wtf?

I love this mix. In a healthy, strictly platonic way, of course. Anything that allows me to conjure up a uber-futuristic Incan metropolis in my mind needs to be cherished! And listened to many, many times.

There's a great blend of crazy, yet totally compatible elements here, which I personally find present in most of my favourite remixes. By this stage djpretzel pretty much knew how good he was and you can hear he was having a blast creating aural magic with this suped up, synthed up, pan-fluted up Final Fantasy mix.

More people need to stop passing this by. 'tis a gem! and it's djpretzel. I mean... how much more assurance do you need?

• 7 months later...

You know, this is one of those mixes from way back that still holds my attention. The title is amusing, as the hangover is a rough experience, and appropriately this mix doesn't convey smoothness at all. Not much is changed arrangement-wise from the original, but the back and forth between the two main lead instruments really work well here, and probably helps make this mix stick so well.

• 3 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00582 - Final Fantasy VI "Morning After (Hangover)"