*NO* Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 'Windmill'

djpretzel

email sub file Zelda64 Windmill.mp3 - djp

Hello, I am Bob Schultz, the newest member and remixer at OverClocked Remixes. This e-mail is designed so I can submit my very first remix to this site. This remix is of the Windmill song from Zelda 64: Ocarina of Time on the Nintendo 64 platform. My Remixer name is "RavenX2", so use that with my remixes please. The remix is attached to this e-mail, so please listen to it and e-mail me back with information on it's acceptance (or lack thereof). Thank you for taking your time to listen!

http://www.zophar.net/usf/lozusf.rar - 57 "Windmill Hut"

Gotta love blind optimism from submitters. And it's not like I or other panelists enjoy going "OMGHAHAHA NO WAY 2 U!", but when you submit and your skills aren't up to snuff, you'd better keep the very real prospect of rejection in your mind (or lack thereof).

So yeah, fix the timing issues from :14-:33, as your drums don't synch up well with the other elements in play. The Windmill Hut melody at 2:06-2:21 also has timing issues relative to your beats, and I can't believe you wouldn't be able to hear the timing issues there as well. And name the track something at least: "Windmill" doesn't count.

Basically reverbed piano and some glassy synth playing the melody verbatim with da dance b33tz underneath it. Enjoyable track on some level, especially if you like the source tune, but you've gotta have something more creative on the table when it comes to the treatment of the source material; not just a straight playthrough with some quiet breaks and bustling crowd noise. So um, NO way...2 u...

As someone very familiar with this theme, I'd say the biggest issue of the mix is there's not much here that stands out beyond a concept that's typical of the genre. There's no major hook in the mix either to help make it stand out. However, I don't think it's at all bad. I think it's actually quite enjoyable for what it is.

It's a decent arrangement. Instrumentation is typical, but it works.

The hihats when exposed at around 30 sec into the mix sounded a bit strange. Also I think the main issue here, is the mix is underdeveloped, by the time I got into the mix, it was over.

Not a bad attempt, and definitely for a first submission you're definitely well on your way. Next time work on fleshing out the content more, polishing up the mix. Keep at it, you have potential.

NO