Metroid - Mind Bender (Intro Theme)

avaris

Here is a little track that I finished recently:

Remix:

http://tindeck.com/listen/vlwg

Source:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1GxznTaiwI

It's built entirely around the opening riff from the theme. The remix is prob too liberal to pass the judges. I want to work on some other songs now so instead of spending too much time redoeing this track so it will pass the panel I decided to just release it. So instead of just keeping it on my HD thought it would be better to release the mix. Please feel free to leave any type of praise, suggestions, or critiques.

If anyone is interested I can post the Reason song file. Some of the synths used are from the Deepflight refill but otherwise everything is factory stuff. If anyone feels like taking the song and adding enough source material to try and make this an OC ReMix just let me know. I will handle all of the mastering and mixing need be.

If you use Reason 4 or below, I'll be happy to put in enough source for you... if you are agreeable to that of course.

That'd be sweet dude. It's in Reason 5 however, BUT it only uses devices from Reason 4 and below. Give me a little bit of time and I will just convert the song to Reason 4 no problem. Do you use any other sequencer besides Reason? Bc we could always render tracks to audio and midi and use another host. Converting the track to Reason 4 will prob be the easiest though. Thanks dude. :)

Thanks for comments dudes!

Shaun, whenever you remix a track, I never have a doubt in my mind that it will be an exploration of sound textures and prime example of how to process a track (even if your source usage sometimes isn't as apparent as it should be :razz:). That being said, there's a couple of weird pops coming off of the drums throughout the song, though I assume that is by design. Just food for though: consider doing something to minimize the the high end of those pops, because it hurts my ears slightly on my headphones.

If willrock is going to help you with your arrangment then I will keep further comments on that for later. I do like the vibe you are currently working with. One thing that might be cool is to progressively build and beef up those glitch drums with samples that get thicker as the song goes along, adding in some mid-bass along that transition to help complement the sub bass that I can't hear but have no doubt is in there. :nicework:

Thanks for the comments Stevo. Yeah I never noticed the pops in the drums. There is a lot pitch bending done on the drums to give them a glitch feel. Aesthetically those pops might not be for everyone. I'll solo them and sweep the EQ to find the trouble areas. Good catch. ;)

I've felt arrangement wise some of the melodic themes get overused. I tend to rely on texture to keep a track's motion moving forward. I will probably revisit alot of the layers and bass notes once Willrock adds his touches to the track. Or hell he could write a killer supporting bassline that's more progressive than my ambient bass layering, who knows?

That'd be sweet dude. It's in Reason 5 however, BUT it only uses devices from Reason 4 and below. Give me a little bit of time and I will just convert the song to Reason 4 no problem. Do you use any other sequencer besides Reason? Bc we could always render tracks to audio and midi and use another host. Converting the track to Reason 4 will prob be the easiest though. Thanks dude. :)

Thanks for comments dudes!

I use Reaper and Pro Tools so that wouldn't be an issue for me :)