OCR02214 - Rad Racer II "Fire in the TIres"

djpretzel

Its very ironic this mix was posted with one of mine, because back some months ago now, when "stevo's beard" was made on facebook, he got more fans than my WillRock page, and I, in a fit of rage, declared war on "Stevo's Beard".

Stevo, in retaliation made this mix iirc, to show me who was boss.

So yeah... Awesome mix stevo... may the war continue *shakes fist*

Cool song, but the guitars are way too fuzzy, it kinda hurts to listen to after a while... the kickdrum is almost nonexistent but the snare is very audible. Even the cymbals when they're heavily used overpower the guitars, so it can be hard to even hear what's going on sometimes... A lot of really cool ideas though, including nice cleaner strums at 1:59!

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I remember being fond of what Stevo did for Gran Turismo, so I'm game to see what he could do with other games in the genre.

So it's basically theme-theme-original-theme in terms of structure; a safe one, but it works well for radio. The solos over the top at 1:05 were also classy, and both of these managed to give more warmth to the track's substance; we rarely associate Stevo with synth solos for that matter too, and while the one that was incorporated felt more subtle, it did indeed feel poppy and appropriate. Even the original writing starting at the 2 minute mark managed to dive more into Ste's racing desire with some well-attented building before going into the last riff of the theme

I give particular attention towards the drum writing here; the production may still leave a bit to be desired especially with some of the loud claps coming in during the B sections of the themes, but the amount of attention paid to the notation and the fills have shown that he knows how to bring excitement into the fray for these racing type mixes.

All in all, a fun track covering a more obscure game. It may be safe, but we couldn't really expect much more from such an upbeat source, and Stevo managed to handle it with the right appropriate attention. Nice work :)

Whoo-hoo, some good classic rock! At least, that's what it feels like to me. Terrific work on the guitars and the killer soloing with the synths. I actually dig the claps in it, but some of the production sounds a little muffled in places. Nothing that detracts from the song, though, and overall, I really liked this.

• 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02214 - Rad Racer II "Fire in the TIres"