OCR02215 - Mega Man 2 "Mechanical Flare"

djpretzel

Still not familiar with MM2 sadly.. Too many games in existence! But I'm digging this mix. It's always easy to hear how a mix should sound when you listen to a willrock piece. Makes me realize how uncomfortable I am about having all of the elements of a song be THAT exposed. But it's something for all of us to work our way up to. I think that's a pretty strong endorsement so I'll stop there. :-P

I'm not a huge techno/house/electronica fan and what I do like is limited to Daft Punk songs. That being said, this mix has a very familiar are about it when I listen to it. Just as Mr. Harby pointed out, the very first thing that came to my mind is that this was an early Daft Punk song.

But it's a style that works. Everything involved with this mix, down to the solo straight from 'Digital Love', blends so seamlessly together. It's absolutely amazing and an easy song to just sit back and chill with.

Excellent stuff as usual, WillRock. Synthy/Techno-y indeed. Been listening to the Tron: Legacy soundtrack recently, catching up with Daft Punk after so long. It's really cool that this remix of yours harbors the soul of those artists. I especially like the smooth transition between Metal Man and Flash Man's tracks.

Keep up the good work. :)

When i saw the source i thought "oh great chuck another megaman 2 remix onto the pile of millions" then listened to it.

My god man how did you know i love digital love by daft punk, this actually sounds like a sequel which was never made for that song and the discovery album by daft punk.

And i love ever second of it.

I don't know how you do it, but please make more of it.

This is really something else. We've all heard songs utilizing more than source before but usually it's one then the other in a fairly direct fashion, this mix literally blends the 2 songs together in a way that it's almost like you're listening to both at the same time, yet it feels completely natural.

I can't think of any previous mixes that have managed to blend 2 sources quite the way this one has, I am really impressed! Did I mention the song is also extremely catchy? Not exactly shocking, it's a Willrock mix, but hey! I knew I was going to like this but wow, this is just spectacular, probably my favorite mix of the year so far, and it just fell into my lap out of nowhere, keep cranking em out man!

This is actually one of my favorite songs from Will's library, even though it's not necessarily the most intense or technically-amazing composition. It's got an understated quality to it, like some of his other mellower remixes, that I'm really fond of. Plus, the melodies are ridiculously catchy - I know that the combination of themes here wasn't REALLY your choice, but it still works well!

Fantastic summer-afternoon lounge track.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Even before reading DJ Pretzel's description and this topic for that matter, I could definitely recognize the Daft Punk influences in this song. More specifically, the song "Superheroes" from their "Discovery" album as this song uses a very similar chord pattern. The parts near the end are my favourite because that where it sounds like a Daft Punk song more than ever including the signature synths used in many of their tracks. Great stuff and certainly one of favourite remixes now.

• 7 months later...

Golly, this is an excellent slab of prime electronica.

Superbly light, clean, reflective sounds here that sit on the border between chiptune and high quality synth. It makes for some ultra, ULTRA catchy melodies that have been really well arranged into something that sounds both instantly familiar and refreshingly new. It may be my favourite arrangement of the themes I've heard to date, and that's saying a lot considering how popular they are.

Not too much to say about the mix, to be honest. It's yet another slickly manufactured, effortless electro-opus from WillRock, whose track record just gets better and better.

• 5 months later...

Yeah, I can hear some of the Daft Punk in this, and that's not a bad thing at all. Solid electronica, good blending of themes, and naturally Willrock pulls an ace with the arrangement and production. Now, about that Aborig-Celtic Boog-Woog Rock idea......:)

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02215 - Mega Man 2 "Mechanical Flare"