*NO* Final Fantasy 7 'Can You Hear the Cry of the Planet?'

djpretzel

Email sub file Skitz - You Can Hear The Planet Cry (FF7 cover).mp3 - djp

Here is my arrangement of the song "You Can Hear the Cry of the Planet" found on the Final Fantasy 7 soundtrack. I'm a guitar player attending a jazz university on the western coast of Canada.

This song is completely done on guitar, even the sections where it sounds like a cello. Anyway, I'm not totally sure of the steps it takes to get a song on your site so if there's more than this it will probably never make it so I hope you enjoy it any ways.

Here's a link to some of my other stuff if you're interested, it's not from any video game or anything but it may be worth your time:

http://www.vradio.com/cfm-enduser/artistprofile.cfm?id=800

Enjoy, Brent (Skitz) Nickerson.

http://www.tzone.org/~llin/psf/packs2/FF7_psf.rar - 318 "You Can Hear the Cry of the Planet"

Loud pops at :12, :19, :36, :44, 1:01, etc. Smaller, fainter pops elsewhere. Way too sloppy on the production to allow that kind of stuff, and it gets REALLY fucking annoying. If you can't fix glaring problems like that, don't send it here. Visit the ReMixing forums here and find out what's causing the problems there along with how to remedy them.

Not a rip, so I won't NO Override, but this is just a cover with very minimal additions, like the guitar work coming in at 1:58. The guitar was so quiet, it didn't contribute enough to the picture whatsoever either melodically or in filling the sound. Better luck next crime.

NO

Yeah there's a lot of problems here, sad to say. There's a lot of audio problems/distorting/clipping/popping, etc that Liontamer mentioned. The whole tone of the mix is very muddy. Bad mixing and processing. Everything sounds washed in mud, there's no shimmer.

On top of it, it's a very conservative mix. I actually liked the guitar work that appeared at 1:54. That part is quite cool, however, it's mixed in poorly. That too sounds too quiet, too heavy, and dark.

This needs more arrangement and production work at this point.

NO

There isn't much to add to these other decisions. It's a nice, chill concept, and the guitar playing isn't too terrible, there just isn't much of an execution here. The whole thing sounds like an intro. An intro to a badass track. I can hear huge drums, epic strings and crazy guitar work in this. But of course, this is just an intro.

Try to acheive a dynamic and instrumental contrast. Solely guitar arrangements can work, but this isn't the way to do them.

I'd say get some drum samples or a buddy to do them for you, because this as it's own thing doesn't cut it. GJ though.

NO

-D