Streets of Rage Remake V5 is out (OHWAIT, taken down)

lazygecko

http://www.bombergames.net/sorr_project/

It's been 4 years since the release of V4. There have been so many changes, additions, polish, etc, it's practically a whole new game. I've made some new remixes and originals, and there's also a lot of music from other talented contributors like Groovemaster303 and BGM1401. The soundtrack will be out for download a bit later.

Haven't followed since maybe V2 (liked it a lot even though the engine was closer to SOR3 than SOR2), so I'm stoked to see everything they've done with this title.

Sega can never top it with a SOR game of their own.

If they released it in five versions over several years, consistently improving the product and utilizing feedback and extensive testing, I'm pretty sure they could. Just sayin', but I damn sure wanna check this game out immediately!

Why is this game so DAMN HARD! Normal mode is like SoR3 difficult. Died in stage 8 two times now, once in SoR1 stage 8, think it was either against Shiva or the Blaze copies and again today fighting SoR2 Mr. X. Like the game though! :grin:

Just don't want to play in easy mode, because that is for pansies. :cry:

Why is this game so DAMN HARD! Normal mode is like SoR3 difficult. Died in stage 8 two times now, once in SoR1 stage 8, think it was either against Shiva or the Blaze copies and again today fighting SoR2 Mr. X. Like the game though! :grin:

Just don't want to play in easy mode, because that is for pansies. :cry:

Ok here's the thing:

1.Play on easy (a couple of times maybe on different routes to keep the interest level)

2. Go to shop, buy cheats

3. Bash through Mania

Just don't overbuy cheats because the game becomes boring if it's not challenging at all.

Ok here's the thing:

1.Play on easy (a couple of times maybe on different routes to keep the interest level)

2. Go to shop, buy cheats

3. Bash through Mania

Just don't overbuy cheats because the game becomes boring if it's not challenging at all.

and 1 bis CPU friend.

I sent Bomberlink my mp3 files and he has all BGM1401's music too but not sure about Gecko.

Rather than release the soundtrack straight away, Bomberlink wanted people to play and enjoy the game first and then bring out the soundtrack a week or two after.

Doulifee - i mentioned to B about you offering to host the soundtrack again and he seemed happy about it. Perhaps if you contact him through MSN he can send you everything you need. If you don't have his contact details PM me and i'll see what i can do.

Think I figured out why the game is so much harder. Enemy speed seems to be faster than the originals. Already unlocked all the hidden characters and SOR1 and 2 ones. Easy way to get cash is to stage select to the escape or bonus room level in stage 8 with someone like Mr. X and find the room with the crates and key card. Room has a gold bar and 3 money bags. Keep going into this room until time expires. Think I capped out at over 100,000 after the cheat penalty once, which is great for about 3 minutes of play. Seems like the room was usually one of the middle ones for me, but it's somewhat random. Also DON'T STEAL FROM BLAZE IN THE SHOP! It's better just to do the money trick I mentioned. Also seems like SEGA doesn't like the idea of this game too much since I read in some places that they made them remove the download link for the game.

I had a feeling that Sega would be a little too jealous guarding their property.

This sucks because yeah, this is pretty much as good as fan remakes get, and all that hard work down the drain don't sit well with me.

The upside I suppose is that now that it's been out for a little while, this has given enough time for several people to upload it to various sites, in effect neutralizing Sega's forced takedown. Already I see this on several forums i go to.

I'm sorry to hear that the big-wigs clamped down on your awesome project, Gecko et all.

Awesome. Love it. I can go into saying how great it is, but there are just too many good things about and I am feeling lazy. What I will share are my gripes - difficulty level feels more like SOR3 and can be a bit discouraging at first, the "star" specials seem not to work consistently so using them is pointless, in some cases players can still hit each other when playing in 2-player co-op mode (this is really nitpicky, I admit). But most of all, it seems like Axel got neutered and his "grand uppa" is not quite as powerful as I remember.

But really, this remake is great. Love all the new areas, weapons, npcs/enemies, branching scenarios, new gameplay elements, store/extras. I think it shows a good balance of new additions while still retaining the authentic SOR feel - feels as if I am playing SOR3 on Gens.

Great work!!!

I feel this is too good of a remake for Sega to flush down the pan, they don't want people to remaster a series they have left behind in the dust?

Why? exactly?

i mean they allow sonic fan games and this is all this is anyway.(just not involving sonic or his games)

I'd suggest uploading personal links here but idk if that's against ocremix's regulations regarding content

But either way i'm gonna megaupload it regardless.

It's a shame, really. Fans are what are keeping fantastic concepts and franchises like this alive these days, especially with the amount of work that now-professionally-skilled people have put into what they loved in their childhood. Sega has had their ass handed to them with fan remakes as of late, with this one and that Sonic HD demo from last year. It is one thing to lose face because your fans did what you couldn't, but to destroy potential sales of the originals via Sega Compilation Albums by taking down the project?

I never understood why companies do that. It is free publicity, and unless Sega intends to offer a deal to the people who made the game in order to sell it pro, they should have left it up.

I played a few minutes of it earlier this week, and I was floored by how good it was. I didn't have SoR as a kid, but in my Dreamcasting days I burned a metric fuckton of the BoR mods and got hooked. Great work by all those involved, and do be super-proud, Gecko: that soundtrack is beastly!

i agree completely, it's a wonderful showcase of the 3 street of rage. It's not like Sega was doing something with the franchise nowadays.

Most of us are fan, and i know we don't refrain from buying old compilation of old game when we feel it. i myself own street of rage on a gamecube compilation and my wii.

sor is probably like doom a game i like to carry throught my various system.