No cubase or ableton subforums :(

Personally I'm a Cubase and sometimes a Logic user, and I too have wondered if fruity loops is really that dominant with the users here? This is the only place where i seem to hear people talking about it as one of the main daws.

You pretty much just answered your own question.

It's kinda popular here, I think it's because the people who've been on this site longer like DarkeSword have been using it.

You pretty much just answered your own question.

It's kinda popular here, I think it's because the people who've been on this site longer like DarkeSword have been using it.

The reason FL is popular is because its cheaper than most other DAWs, has - according to most users of FL - a superior piano roll, and free upgrades is a big bonus. The reason you don't hear about it anywhere else is because its not got the same reputation as other DAWs like Pro Tools or Logic, and some argue that other DAWs are simply better, which is a false statement, as people like Zircon and halc have proved FL can stand tall with any other DAW its competing with. Basically... (and do correct me if i'm wrong here) its more popular as an underground DAW, you don't see it used as much professionally, with some exceptions of course. Regarding how popular FL is here, its more popular than any of the other DAWs on ocr for the reasons I stated above, which is why it has its own sub-forum.

They'd probably end up like the Reason one; very few threads, with most of the constituent posts by Neblix, telling you why said DAW is worse than FL.

I haven't even posted in the Reason forum.

Besides, I've never attacked another DAW in favor of FL Studio, I've only defended FL Studio itself because of misconceptions that I can't tolerate.

I recall there being some talk about merging the DAW-specific subforums into a single DAWs subforum, with thread prefixes like on the wip board. Don't remember if I was doing the talking or if it came from the staff. I thought it was a good idea, tho.

This would be a pretty neat idea.

As handy as it is to have a full subforum dedicated to a given DAW, some are just not nearly as popular as others and they might be pretty dead forums.

A straight-up DAW subforum with thread prefixes would be pretty cool.

An FL forum exists because we used to get a LOT of FL specific questions, so we made an FL forum. There aren't a lot of cubase specific questions that get asked, so we don't have a forum for it. Just ask them here. You don't die.

Not that I necessarily disagree with the need for an FL-specific forum (with all the newbs getting it because favorite remixer X uses it), but the phrase "if you build it, they will come" comes to mind. We do have a lot of different DAWs represented in this community, many of them having questions they don't know where to ask - DAW-specific stuff for a DAW other than FL and Reason. If we'd have a subforum for the other DAWs, ppl might not feel as if there's no place for their questions, or fear that they're asking in the wrong subforum (ppl hate being wrong, esp. publically).

My bad. :oops: I forgot about that one. But that was a thread about FL Studio... (I can't not post in there...) Besides, I said I never posted because I went to the Reason subforum and there were no threads other than "Welcome to Reason Forum" and "Free ReFill Listing". Is my browser dumb.? :<

Anyways, I agree with Rozovian. Plenty of the well known remixers use DAW's other than FL or Reason (like Cubase/Pro Tools/Ableton) so they should get a help forum too. They probably never asked these questions because there was no subforum to post them in. :P

• 2 weeks later...