*NO* Mega Man 3 'Spark Man'

djpretzel

post this mix?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. post this mix?

"Little" remix? It's 8.3 megs! I dunno, this sounds pretty abrasive, which may have been the intention, but it is just not pleasant to listen to. Perhaps if some of the levels are remastered it would be nicer. Compositionally it is good, I think. I won't complain if this gets posted, but I do think the instrument levels need to be remastered and perhaps trim the song down to less than 8.3 megs. That's why, for now, I am giving it a "no", but just barely.

Panning. Cool.

... Okay, get to the music... there we go.

I don't like that sample playing right off the bat, the buzzy one.

Once the mix really gets going, piano, more drums, etc. it kinda blends into the background but it's still there, it's really starting to get on my nerves.

Oh! It's just gone away. Hmm, this part is sounding better. Although it seems like it's missing something. Maybe I'm just trying to find something new and interesting, as I've heard another two high quality Spark Man mixes before already.

Oh dear, I've just gotten into the 3:00 mark, and I'm really not liking the usage of that electric sample.

The piano is also starting to annoy me.

Right at 4:15 I really liked it, but it's gone back again right around 4:30.

Okay, now that it's over I just have to say that it seems like a well done mix all around, but something that I can't particularly place my finger on made me dislike the mix all around.

Maybe it's because I've heard other Spark Man arrangements, and this was not up to par.

Maybe there was too much going on? Above I said it was missing something, I'm thinking now in retrospect that maybe it had too much.

I'm not totally completely sure. But it couldn't keep my interest, I had to fight the urge to just load up the next song.

Sorry, but No.

Takes a little too long to develop. The rest of it isn't bad by any means, though it feels just a tad empty at times. Anyway, this isn't my favorite remix, but I do like it. So I'm tempted to vote Yes, but...

Next time read the submission guidelines, as it clearly says mixes can't be over 6 megs. I voted down one remix already because of this, but this time I'm gonna let it go. Why? I voted down the other one because it was clear to me that bitrate reduction was gonna get it under the limit unless it was really drastic. But just as an experiment, I converted this into a 128 kbit MP3, which reduced the filesize to 5.56 mb - well under the limit, while still retaining a reasonable (though not great) level of quality. So my vote is Yes, as long as the remixer is willing to let the quality be cut.