OCR01307 - Donkey Kong Country "Chekan Winter"

djpretzel

Wow! That is really good! This stuff is from Kong in Concert. But I had not listened this remix.

The beginning confuses my ears. But a process occurs where the melody is incorporated. Strings, voices, beats...Later the violin and the bells (domestic bells for me, is logic, exist bells thus...). Finally, at a moment the arrangement if together, mixing the old with the modern. This create a powerful magic in my ears. Excellent! I liked "Northern Hemispheres" (Snow Theme from DKC). Great arrangement. Good Trance and... Russian influence? Cool! Congratulations to Prophecy, Digital Coma and to Kong in Concert team. My ears are thankful! :)

Protricity said:
Its epic trance that doesn't suck, which is sorta uncommon.

I agree with Prot, because the majority of the epic trances are ackward. This was really rare and uncommon.

This was my favorite Donkey Kong ReMix out of Kong in Concert...hell, it's my favorite Donkey Kong remix! It starts out kinda quite and slow (In a louder way) then picks up a beat. Then it quiets at 2:10 to fade in with my favorite part of the song. It has lots of assorted beats and instruments and just completely rocks. I never got to compare it to the original though, so I am clueless on how they are alike. Doesn't matter, though. This song rocks and that's that.

I had to listen to this one a second time because of interruptions *glares at phone* but the second time through I found I really appreciated this remix. AS stated before, there isn't a lot of well done trance out there, and this certainly shines! I really like about 4:45 where the heavy beat drops off and that eerie accompanyment faintly heard in the background pushes through to the surface with those awesome bells tinking away in the background. It sounds very ominous in my opinion! In a good way of course! This one is DEFINATELY going on my list.

..... Being a bit of a newb... I feel liking I'm missing something when this 'Kong Concert' gets brought up.

Trance that dosen't suck. That says it all really.

Prophacy really hit a home run with this one, being one of my favorit tracks from KiC. So many unique elements brought in togeather to get the motivations of the piece higher and higher until the end.

And also, it's a remix of an uncommon Donkey Kong theme, which is something that I personally apperiate. We all love the main jungle music and the water music and all, but I really love to here something that someone hasn't done before.

Keep up the good work Prophecy....or else... :D

I played Donkey Kong Country for a long time growing up. The levels featuring the original music were the most breathtaking to me. But later on, the music didn't have enough bite when the levels grew difficult. This music expresses so much more than even the scenery could. It helps me imagine myself in my own wintery world, a world much more terrifying than a twelve-button nightmare.

The trance effects were beautifully timed, the instruments were carefully chosen for their parts, and the rhythm never slipped once. This is a keeper for sure.

It is by far Prophecy's best remix, and one i got hooked with once i heard it. Though it strays pretty far from the original tune in the game by use of the trance style, it never fails to captivate.

I had it on repeat like 10 times at least and it became ever better for each listen.

Solid gold stuff. A keeper for sure 8)

of course, speaking as a DKC/DKC2 fan who has beaten both games more times than he can count, of course I loved the snow levels because of the beautiful graphics (hey! it's snowing now!) and so of course I recognized immediately the source of the mix, and of course, I love it.

This is more than just a good remix, though. This is one of THE BEST trance mixes I have ever heard, and I believe it transcends into the realm as quality music in its own right, outside of the association with its source. Excellent, excellent track, a beautiful constantly evolving trance epic. Kudos to Prophecy

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I first heard this song on vgmix in Summer 2004. That was the summer when I didn't have air conditioning in my apartment, and I lived in Las Vegas (I'm still in the same apartment, but got a new A/C eventually).

Anyway, I live in Las Vegas where it gets up to 115 degrees during July. I would never have been able to get through the summer if it hadn't been for Prophecy. That song seemed to cool off my apartment whenever it played.

This is still one of my favorite songs from Prophecy. He needs to submit something else for this site; I'm waiting for "Soul Rust" and "Back to the Place that I Once Knew" (I think you can get one of them on www.prophetikmusic.com along with lots of other good songs).

• 4 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01307 - Donkey Kong Country "Chekan Winter"