OCR01307 - Donkey Kong Country "Chekan Winter"

djpretzel

• 2 years later...
I agree with Prot, because the majority of the epic trances are ackward.

Agree with that? What a dumb thing to do. :lol:

Surprised I never posted here, as this was definitely an eye-opening from Kong in Concert. Jason transformed the source into a completely different animal, while still keeping the winter imagery of the source here intact. The imagery seems like a lot more violent snow storm than anything in the original game. Good stuff!

Agree with that? What a dumb thing to do. :lol:

Am I imagining things, or did someone tried to point out what I do? Yet in a Review thread? Keep it off.

This song is still quite playable. The entire drum work change at 4:06 surely keep things interesting and heavier. Also, I love the brief breakdown around 4:45; good use of Irina's voice. Still a keeper.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

this one has a huge build up, but there's some great spectrum-filling saws that end up sounding excellent, and the arrangement here is exceptionally good, really conveying a feeling of a powerful winter blizzard. Some incredibly well executed filter automation, and good transitions round this out. It runs a little long, but it definitely works to keep things exciting.

Good stuff, check this one out.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Probably my favorite Prophecy song. Its epic trance that doesn't suck, which is sorta uncommon.

Its the best I find it something really unknown and excellent the truth is I've been looking years to hear a trance music like that if you know any other tracks the same genre or what is this type of trance or any other info on someone who makes these I'd be deeply grateful.

Oh and my second best was echoes it was very well made anyway thanks for your remixes and btw I'd like to ask you something you don't have to answer, but the reason I am is because I couldn't contact you V_V. Well I would really like to know why didn't you join the serious monkey business album were you busy or did you want to give a chance for other remixes or is it because you have done enough DK2 remixes, the reason I'm asking is because I care and I personally find that the best DK2 remixes are the ones you make and no I'm not exaggerating I really do admit it and please don't be modest Thanks.

Please forgive me if I intruded or annoyed you in any way by this message.

• 7 months later...
Fun thing to try: Try playing this while walking in a snowstorm. It's awesome.

Last winter I had my OCR playlist on whilst on a long drive at night. As this came on it started snowing hard, and it was such an awesome experience. Seeing the snow fly past the car as I was driving into it listening to this really loud made me feel like I was having some sort of out-of-body experience almost, it certainly was entrancing. Truly excellent work, I always get goosebumps at 3:32 when the lead synth comes in.

A fantastic development of the (reasonably sparse) source, conveying the journey through a blizzard magnificently. Love it.

• 5 months later...

this is one of my fav remixes in all of ocr plus you made my dream come true I always wanted to hear a remix of this track but no one in the world ever made one personally before hearing any dk remix in my life that was my fav track and atmosphere in the game.

Best part of that remix was the Psychedelic part I want more Psychedelic remixes!!!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Great atmosphere in the intro (meaning all the way up until the 4 on the floor). Speaking of the kick, I love how its bassy frequency gives it an impact while leaving lots of room for the synth. Pretty sick stuff, the desolate vibe is pulled off really well. Listening to the OST, this source surprised me for being so downbeat; previously, DKC only made me think percussion and swing rhythms. Sweet mix.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01307 - Donkey Kong Country "Chekan Winter"